Chapter 2 💘 Double Trouble

I hear his distant voice by the time I wake up. He seems to be talking to someone but I can't make out the words. Seems like they're inside a close room. I open my eyes and find myself lying in a sofa. It's a cozy cream colored living room. I stay still on my position, not daring to move a muscle, scared that they might hear me. Well actually, I'm moving a muscle as my eyes are busy looking around for a point of exit. Eyes have muscles, right?

What on earth is this house? No doors and windows.

I thought that I can disappear before they know that I'm awake but I guess my luck ran out. I see a fireplace though, maybe I can make a break upwards like Santa Claus.

"So you're saying that I'm on my own on this one?" I hear two set of footsteps coming towards my direction. I instantly close my eyes.

"Mic, it was your decision." The second man said.

That voice. Man! Sooo alluring.

"Yes it was, but what did Father say?" Michael answers with his seductive bedroom voice. God forgive me for all this unholy thoughts, but hey, I'm a cupid. I'm entitled for it.

"You found the door of freewill and entered so you shall find your way out." The other man replied.

It all makes no sense to me.

What the hell are they talking about?

"And just like that, I'm stuck in this?"

"C'mon, Mic. As I said, it was your decision. I'm taking no part in it. Try asking our other brothers. Besides, this is fun to watch."

"Seriously, Rafael? And here I am thinking that you always have my back." Michael sounds disappointed.

And oh my golly wow! It's another Archangel.

I'm itching to open my eyes and see how he looks like.

Behave yourself, Raine.

"True and it stays the same. That's why I'm staying out of it. You're not in deep trouble, Bro. Not yet anyway. So I gotta go. See you later, Mic."

"Very well, Rafael. Thank you anyway."

A very bright light overshadows my close lids then Michael says, "you can stop pretending to be asleep now, Raine."

Oops, busted!

I peep through my lashes to see if he's looking at me, "um, sorry?" I tell him grimacing at the thought that I was caught in the act for eavesdropping.

Is there any way to outsmart an Archangel?

"Feel better? I already checked you. You're perfectly healthy." Michael informs me. He sits on the couch beside me.

"Thank you."

I feel very dumb for finding two words replies. My cheeks heats up like I sunbathed for one whole freaking week. Not to mention how flaky my throat is.

"I'm sorry for this place. You're not a prisoner, trust me. It's the fastest safe house I found. We'll transfer for a more better one soon."

"What is this place exactly?" I'm very curious about the house without doors and windows.

His penetrating gaze makes me wanna hide under the cushions. I'm not the one shot with an arrow and yet here I am acting like a lovesick puppy.

"This is an archangel's interrogation room. We bring our subjects here for classified information extractions. The exits are only accessible for us, Archangels."