Chapter 2

Theo sprayed her signature perfume over herself, feeling it lightly coat her skin as it fell. She breathed out slowly, turning to look at herself in the mirror, she was dressed semi formal, in a nice black dress that pinched at the waist, and flowed down to her knees, even when bent over.

It followed all the basic guidelines for omega clothing; nothing more than 2 inches (5 centimeters) below the collar bone, nothing above the mid thigh, no excessive or bright patterns, no revealed shoulders, again, the basic stuff (it's almost like a school dress code.... Except out of school.)

Since they were so basic, Theo liked to push her limits. She wore torn jeans, she wore shorts that were a little too short, she dyed her hair, hell, she'd even gotten a few tattoos a while out with her father once (he didn't care enough to object to them).

She may have gotten punched in the face a few times because of this pushing her boundaries business, but that was okay with her, it taught her how to take a punch. At this point, she just feigns the hurt she would've felt if the punch had done any damage.

So yeah, it wasn't really great, but it gave her something to do.

But back to the story, she twirled in front of the mirror, watching as the dress seemed to float back into place when she stopped. It was pretty simple, but if you looked closely, you could see the thin black lace that covered the entirety of the dress, it gave it character, no matter how sublime it was.

To Theo, the dress was perfect. She slipped on a pair of black and gold flats, which went nicely with gold jewelry that adorned her wrists and neck, as well as her ears.

Werewolves don't usually wear jewelry except when they're 100% sure that they're not going to shift (which wasn't very often).

But, for the special occasion, the only ones who would really be shifting are the Alpha, and the Alpha's son or daughter, for whom the party was for. It's not only a coming of age ceremony (seeing as once an alpha turns 18, they can take over their parents spot as Alpha of the pack), it's also a mating finding ceremony.

So, Alpha's invite all neighboring packs to the party, which can sometimes lead to them having over a thousand people, but the more the people, the higher the probability of finding their mate.

Theo combed fingers through her dark hair, feeling the curly tips that had been subtly dyed purple for over a month, without anyone successfully noticing it (or even conceiving the thought for that matter).

It was a blessing and a curse, seeing as no one has ever paid enough attention to notice something so blatantly obvious, but also, she didn't have to cut her hair off, which would suck.

It doesn't really matter either way. Or mate will love us with, or without it.

Theo was startled by the sudden voice in her head that wasn't her own. It was silky, and a bit like hers, if she thought about it. But it wasn't hers, it was her wolf's, also known as Peggy. A very badass name for a just as badass wolf (In Peggy's words not Theo's, obviously).

Unlike a lot of other people, Theo's wolf didn't just magically pop into her head once she turned sixteen. It was like she was always there, always ready with kind reassuring words, or a quick comeback to bad insult. No matter the occasion, her wolf always had her back.

-

Unlike a lot of werewolves at the party, Theo resisted the calls of alcohol. (Honestly guys, it wasn't that hard.) First of all she was underaged, plus there was some good food to eat and she was not going drink until she didn't remember it.