11

Marley multi-tasked as she rubbed her sleep-filled eyes and blindly searched for her vibrating phone.

She squinted to read Paul's name flash across the screen, peering over to see Lorena and Suri tangled together in a deep slumber. Marley attempted to quietly slip out from under the covers and distance herself from the bedroom before answering the call.

"Hi," she croaked into the phone quietly.

"Hey, did I wake you?" Paul's voice filled her ear as she found a seat on the staircase and tucked her knees to her chest to keep warm.

"No," she lied. "Is everything okay?"

After Paul had texted her, Marley had spent the rest of the night with a nagging worry in the back of her mind. She had yet to get used to the fact that Paul and the rest of the Wolves chased Vampires around while the humans sat around completely oblivious.

"We got the bloodsucker, and no one got hurt." Paul chuckled as he heard Marley sigh in relief. "Were you worried 'bout me?"

Marley's face heated up, soothing the goosebumps that had once decorated her bare legs. Paul grinned when she remained silent, listening as she yawned into the phone.

"You should go back to bed," Paul insisted- realizing he probably shouldn't have called her so late at night.

Marley wanted to protest, but instead she agreed and wished him a goodnight. She crawled back into bed without waking the girls, snuggling beneath the thick duvet but re-opened her eyes when her phone vibrated.

She squinted to read the bright screen, smiling as she read the text that flashed across her lock screen.

Paul: Goodnight Marley

----

Marley had never been to a bachelorette party before- her only knowledge of knowing what the "norms" of what went on at bachelorette parties was from movies. She knew most bachelorette parties were along the lines of: a stripper, lots of alcohol, and penis-shaped decorations and/or desserts.

She also knew that Emily wouldn't enjoy any of those things.

Thats why her and Kim spent hours planning a bachelorette party suitable for Emily, calling on Suri and Lorena to help. They spent all of their time off of work to make lists on the necessities while Marley made plans for Sam to distract Emily while they prepared the house.

"Thank you Sam," Marley huffed as she brushed her hair from her sweaty forehead. "I owe you big time."

"You don't owe me anything, Mar." Sam chuckled as he assured her. "I'll talk to you later, text me if you need anything else."

She thanked Sam once again before hanging up, and checking on the girl's progress on the set-up. Suri and Kim were in-charge of buying/setting up the decorations (nothing penis-shaped) and planning out the games. All while Lorena and Marley were in-charge of grocery shopping and food preparations.

"Hi Mrs. Clearwater," Kim greeted as Sue entered the Uley house. Sue was kind enough to buy the girls some bottles of wine considering none of them were actually old enough to purchase some legally.

"Hi girls, everything going alright?" Sue questioned as Marley struggled not to spill any marinade as she bathed the raw steaks. Lorena offered to grab the bottles from Sue, placing them on the counter as Sue entered into the kitchen. "Thanks sweetheart."

"We're doing good on time, and we've gotten everything now that you're here. Thanks again, Sue." Marley sighed in relief. "Any luck on Leah?"

Sue shook her head and Marley's chest filled with disappointment.