12

Sam and Emily's ceremony was short and sweet, which is exactly what Marley had pictured.

The backyard was lit with simple lights that the boys had spent the entire day before hanging them along the tree branches. Marley's mom gasped at the setup the entire time as the walked towards their seats, and even shed a few tears as Emily walked down the aisle towards a watery-eyed Sam.

Marley's cheeks hurt so much from grinning, watching as her friends danced for the first time as a married couple to Etta James' "At Last." Her heart warmed at the fact that it was the happiest she had seen either of them.

"I've never seen people so in-love in my entire life," Suri swooned as she locked arms with Marley at the edge of the dance floor. "So beautiful."

Marley hummed in agreement, gently swaying to the music as she watched the happy couple caught up in each others gazes. She caught sight of her mom who was laughing it up with Sue Clearwater and Billy Black at their table- grateful that Sam and Emily extended invites to her mom and friends.

Applause filled the air as the song ended, and Sam kissed Emily affectionately before leading her off of the dance floor. Emily's mother took the microphone and began to ask that everyone return to their seats.

Once Marley took her seat in-between her mother and Kim, Emily's mom began a tear-jerking speech about how happy she was for her daughter to have found Sam, leaving every guest with tears in their eyes. Sam's mother, Allison, was next up for speeches but was unable to finish due to her choking up so she passed the microphone off to Paul.

Paul opened his mouth to start talking but the pack began to wolf-whistle and cheer for him, causing every one to laugh.

"Settle down now," He chuckled and Marley grinned as she could see his cheeks turning red. "I'll keep this short, but I've known Sam for some time now and although he was always a good man- he became an even better man when he met Emily Young. Emily has brought so much joy to not only my best friend, but to all of us here in La Push. So if everyone could raise their glasses, I would like to propose a toast."

At his request, every one reached for their glasses and lifted them into the air.

"A toast," Paul took a deep breath. "To Sam and Emily Uley."

Marley chimed in with the rest of the guests, toasting to Sam and Emily before sipping her champagne.

After several courses of food, they all sat and conversed until Jared pulled Kim out onto the dance floor, spinning her around to a Stevie Wonder song. Kim excitedly waved people over, causing Suri to drag Lorena, who attempted to grab Marley's wrist- but narrowly missed.

Marley giggled as she watched her friends make fools of themselves, deciding she wasn't brave enough to join them until she had a bit more to drink.

She sat and chatted with Seth, asking him about school when Suri and Lorena decided to take a break and cool off.

"Nice dance moves," Marley teased as the girls sat at the table with her and Seth, fanning themselves with their hands. Lorena jokingly nudged her before stealing a sip of Marley's drink.

"You're not much of a dancer, Seth?" Suri questioned, rustling his hair gently causing him to blush. Marley grinned as Seth looked flustered by the beautiful girl.

"Not really, no." He stated, stumbling over his words. Suri frowned, tilting her head.

"That's a shame," she paused to reach for her glass of wine. "Because I was going to ask if you wanted to slow dance with me."

Marley covered her mouth to hide her giggling, watching as the blush crept to his cheeks.

"I don't know, Suri. I saw him at Bella and Edward's wedding, and he was quite the dancer." Marley teased, causing Seth to shoot her a warning look.