Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

The Runaway Train

The Alpha's son stared at me with pained resignation on his features as the moon's soft beams filled my room with blue tinted luminescence

My question hung in the air between us like a bad smell.

"I-I just, I don't think you should leave."

I didn't blink at his words.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah.  I think...I'm sorry, Violet.  I am so fucking sorry.  I was wrong to do what I did without even knowing who you are, what you can do..."

"Uh-Huh..."

"Yeah, and even though I rejected the bond, maybe we could find some way to move past that, together?  I would have to come to some kind of agreement with Lyssa, though.  She wouldn't want to come in second to anyone, so you'd have to be able to share me with her."

I laughed out loud, the sound bitter and hollow. 

He didn't want to be my mate.  He wanted me for my power and my body.  He had no idea who I really was.

"Interesting concept. Its going to be hard to do though, since I'll be about five hundred miles away from the non existent member in your pants..." I trailed off, wondering just how well he believed this conversation was going to go.

He blanched, not knowing what to say to that.

There was pain swirling around in my stomach for the life that I could've had, for the mate that should've treated me like the Luna I would have grown into. 

I should have been blessed with love and happiness for the rest of my unnaturally long life due to my supernatural DNA, but instead...

Instead, I was cursed. 

The Moon Goddess had cursed me with a soulmate that cared more for power than true love.  It was either that, or he was simply too young and immature to understand the truly invaluable nature of the mate bond. 

I sighed out loud, my body shaking with the force it took to stand still in front of him and not go to him to...what?  

Embrace him?

Punch him?

It was disgusting how at war I was in my own body with the reactions that I had to the boy in front of me, the boy that had destroyed me in front of all of his friends that just loved to torment me.

He stepped forward and caressed a soft hand down my cheek, and dammit if I didn't let him. 

I let out a contented sigh as pure ecstasy swirled where his hands touched and I was a weakling.  I was not a strong girl for letting him do this to me, for allowing him to touch me in this way after everything that had happened. 

"Forgive me, Violet.  Together, we could be unstoppable."

"Forgive you?"

The anger was so quick it was like having whiplash.