Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Plane Rides and Allies

The car ride to the airport was eerily silent

The other she-wolf who had won her place in Moon Valley Bane rode in a separate SUV that trailed along behind us and I couldn't be sure, but I had a feeling that it was done to keep me from winning that fight with her all over again.

My thoughts jostled to a halt when we boarded the small yet luxurious private jet set back from the rest of the airport terminal. 

The vehicle containing the other newest member to Moon Valley Bane headed off in a different direction than mine, however, and I wondered why we'd be taking separate planes to the same state.

Upon leaving the car, I thanked the driver for helping me with my two large suitcases while I shouldered a tote bag.  

These were the last of my possessions that I would be taking with me to this new pack, to a state I'd never traveled to.  

Boarding the plane and taking the large steps two at a time, I noted a group of four men all congregated around another who was sitting, though I couldn't get a good look at him as I was instructed by a woman in a flight attendant uniform to take my seat.

I didn't waste any time and placed myself down into a plush white leather seat.  I'd never flown before, but I had the feeling that not every airplane was this luxurious. 

My mind strayed to the thoughts battling for dominance in my mind, and eventually the strange pulling sensation of what I'd come to realize as my mating bond tugged on my insides like a bowling ball attached to my earring with a short string. 

I was somehow still connected to Jackson, despite having accepted his rejection.  Would I be cursed with having this connection with him for the rest of my life, forbidden to move on from the boy who'd rejected me without ever having actually knowing who I truly was?

My ears perked up as conversations flurried all around me in the smaller jet, one taking up precedence among the others.  

A man's deep baritone voice filled my ears as snippets of his hushed tone reverberated throughout my entire being.

"...she's on board now, sir...now...she hasn't been...everything is in...layover in New York first...Bulgaria."

The atmosphere in the airplane thickened and I tensed as two large warriors came to stand beside me, one a she-wolf with close cropped hair and one side shaved to the scalp to expose the dark skin beneath and the other a lithe man with glinting danger in the black pits of his dark eyes trained directly on me.

The man spoke up first. 

"Miss Caldwell?  There's been a...change in plans."

"What kind of changes?"

My heart rate increased exponentially.  Did they know about who I was?  The truth about my bloodline and what I was going to do?

My hands grew slick and clammy at the nerves bounding around in my stomach like rogue locusts instead of the normal butterflies.