Chapter 20

It was one thing for Loki – and by extension, Percy – to be horrified at their new revelation. It was another for Thor of all people to have the same expression on his face. Loki had never seen his brother express horror of all things before, not even when they'd realized that they were surrounded in Jotunheim, or when they got into trouble on Alfheim when they were boys.

The other avengers were sitting around in confusion, not understanding why the two gods were looking as though a bomb had been dropped on them. Percy, on the other hand, was using the vantage point to his advantage, with both Thor and Loki standing up; they couldn't really see his face, although his mind was racing now with the new information, trying to process it.

The trickster god was processing information rapidly as well, but even as his mind raced at the possibilities of the Mad Titan being in such close proximity with the Gauntlet and the possible measures that the Allfather would taken in order to prevent that from happening – as much as he detested the man, he could admit that the Allfather was cunning and sly, he would not have left the Gauntlet to such an enemy – Loki was aware that he was standing in the middle of the room like a frozen statue, as was his brother –

His brother.

Loki's eyes widened as his thoughts screeched to a halt.

Thor.

His brother.

Who had an equally horrified look on his face. When he shouldn't have had one. Which meant that –

Loki reeled back in shock, just as Thor turned an accusing stare on him.

"You."

Loki stepped back in shock, not understanding why his brother was growling at him. "Thor...?"

The thunder god didn't waver, "You knew." He growled, his blue eyes flashing in anger. Overhead, thunder rumbled in the distance.

Loki narrowed his eyes, reigning in his shock, "I'm surprised, you actually managed to figure it out that quickly?"

Steve, sensing the tension, stood up, trying to calm his team mate before he blew up, "Thor," he said placating, but the god turned a deaf ear to him, pinning his wayward brother with his fiercest stare.

Loki bared his teeth in defense and glared back, his body slightly hunched over in a defensive position, "Why are you staring at me like that? It is not as though I had no –"

Whatever Loki had wanted to say was cut short when Thor gripped him by the neck and threw him across the room.

Taken aback by the sudden action, he hit the wall and crumpled to the floor, laying where he was at the base of the wall dazedly, until his brother leapt over the couch and dragged him upwards by the collar, slamming him against the wall, heedless of the alarmed cries of the avengers behind him.

"You knew that Asgard was in trouble! You knew it and you kept it to yourself! There was no way you would have not known!" Thor snarled, his bright blue eyes boring into his brother's wide green ones. Loki gasped, his hands gripping Thor's, futilely trying to get him to release his grip.

The thunder god shook the other, shrugging off the hands of the avengers who were trying to pull him back. "Why did you never say anything?" he growled, shaking his brother.

Loki curled up, getting his legs between him and his brother. He kicked outwards, sending his brother flying into the avengers who had gathered behind him. He landed with a crouch, releasing a hiss as the pressure on his neck lifted. His eyes flicked to Percy, who had managed to duck out of the way, and who was staring at him in concern.