Chapter 3: Confusing Showers and Crazy People

I wasn't exactly in the mood to make a strategy, but thankfully I've had one in my mind since I was 12. I explained this to Ivy who nodded her head the entire time. I explained about my knowledge of plants and berries, how fast I could run, and about how much of a talented hider and stealer I was. She seemed to understand and finally said, "Ok, whatever you want to do, I don't care that much about you anyways." Then she walked out of the room.

              I couldn't believe her! She sits down and listens to me like she cares when she really thinks I'm useless! After a while she comes back in and tells me, "Dinner is ready, and we'll be in the capitol in about 5 hours!" Has it really been that long since I got in the train? I walked into the place where the table and food were set up. Analiese, Ivy, Jason, and his mentor are already sitting down. I sit down quietly and look at the plate in front of me.

              Never in my life have I ever seen food so big and rich. I have no clue what it is but I take a bite of it and it's pretty good. In a few minutes without realizing it I finished the whole plate. "Someone is hungry!" Jason's mentor remarks, "By the way, my name is Heeso since you probably don't know me." He's right, he won a Hunger Games 16 or 17 years ago which was before I was born. "I'm going to go take a shower." I say before I get up and go the the showers towards the back of the train. I take my cloths off and step in. I look around and see tons of buttons all around me. I press I label that says "water" and then one that said "hot"

                Back in District 5 when you took a shower it was usually cold because the energy had to be saved to make electricity. Especially at this time of year when they are partly responsible for broadcasting The Hunger Games on TV to all of Panem. It takes District 3's technology, District 5's electricity, and Capitol Magic.

                  I realize that the water is too hot though! I frantically search for a button that says "warm" and after 1 minute I find it. I press it as hard as I could and felt relieved when the water became a perfect temperature. I finish my shower and go to the closet of cloths. I put on a solid purple shirt and shorts.

                  After 4 hours of random chatting with everyone we finally arrive in the Capitol. Outside people with crazy colored hair and skin waved and cheered for us. I stopped and realized how many people are outside. There will, without a doubt, be more people at the tribute parade and interviews. I'm so nervous I start to shake. Ivy comes over and asks," Are you ok, I know the people look crazy."  "It's not how they look, it's them!"