How You Met (Draco)

Part three. Please leave feedback and requests.

~Red
————————————————————

Draco: His POV

Potions sweet potions. I love this class, mostly because I'm the teacher's pet, but I also really like potions. I sat at my normal table with Blaise when the door swung open making most of us jump. Snape starts the class by saying, "I'll be changing your partners today. You'll keep this partner till the end of the year..." I wasn't really listening considering I'll most likely be paired with a decent Slytherin. "However! Your partner will not be in the same house as you." That caught my attention. I hope I'm not stuck with a Gryffindor. A Ravenclaw wouldn't be that bad, as long as it's not a muggle born, father would have a fit.

"Mister Malfoy!" Snape shouted snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um, yes, Professor Snape?" I said sitting up a little straighter.

"I said that you and Charlotte would be partners. 2 points from Slytherin for not paying attention, now..." he went on telling everyone else their partners, but I was thinking about my partner. Charlotte was a very intelligent and beautiful Ravenclaw. I noticed her when we were in second year. That was two years ago since then all I could think about was her dirty blonde locks that she always kept in a ponytail at the base of her neck, her dark blue eyes that scanned every word as she reads, her small figure, and her smile! Oh I could go on forever about her forever. The only problem is I have never had the courage to talk to her, plus if father ever found out, well, let's just say it would be bad.

I walked over to my new table where Charlotte was already setting up our cauldron. We were making a simple healing potion. She handed me a list of all the things we need with out uttering a word. Come to think about it I've never heard her speak, ever. Maybe she's just shy.

I walked back over to our table and set everything out. She rolled up her sleeves and got to work. Sometimes she would furrow her eyebrows or shake her head no then make changes to her book. I was amazed at how she moved so effortlessly. I finally gathered my courage and spoke.

"You're really good at this," I said turning on my Malfoy charm. She nodded her head once almost like a bow of thanks. I was confused. Shouldn't she speak? "Can you speak?" I asked not wanting to offend her. She shook her head no and grabbed a spare piece if parchment. She wrote something down and handed it to me. It said one word that would change everything. Mute. I looked up at her not believing it. How could someone so amazing not be able to speak? She looked at the ground in shame like I was going to treat her differently. I lifted her head up gently and said, "There is nothing to ashamed of, Love. It doesn't matter that you can't speak. I still want to be your friend." She tilted her head almost like saying, 'Really?' I nodded and we continued in with our potion.