The Locket

I look at my aunt biting my lip. I'm guessing this next sentence that comes out of her mouth, will possibly change my life. "Julianna dear, I've been having amazing opportunities in the film industry. And that means that I can't stay here." My aunt said putting her hand on the thigh. She takes a deep breathe. "I'm moving to Canada." She says. She's joking right? Is this all just one crazy nightmare?! Please tell me this is. "A-Are you serious?!" I say trying my hardest not to cry. "I'm sorry dear. But you'll be living here with Paige." She said hugging me. I hugged her back and cried my heart out. Great. One of my best friends and my loving aunt are moving out of my life. "Wh-when do you leave?" I managed to get out in the faintest voice. "Tomorrow." My heart just broke in a million pieces.

Paige and I were helping my aunt pack up her stuff in boxes. I was putting away some stuff out of her closet. It was mostly clothes and shoes. "Annie dear," my aunt said. I turned around to face her. "I wanted to give you something before I left." My aunt hands me a heart shaped locket. "Go ahead. Open it." She gives me one of her famous aunt smiles. I open the locket to reveal... nothing. No pictures, no quotes. Nothing. I look back at my aunt with no facial expression. "Annie, I want you to find someone special to put a picture of in that locket. Someone who truly makes you happy. Once you find who that is, let me know." She said smiling. I smile back and put it around my neck. I'm never taking this off.

It was the next morning. The day we say goodbye to my dear aunt. I know this is what's best for us. At least I still have Paige. I'm trying to learn to look on the bright side of things. Hayden's mom is coming with us as long as Hayden. They were childhood best friends. We were currently driving to the airport. Hayden and I were sitting in the very back. I was leaning my head on his shoulder with out hands intertwined. His head was on top of mine. He was rubbing his thumb against my hand to keep me calm. It was working.

We get out of the car and I give my aunt the biggest hug I've ever given. A few tears slip out. "Don't forget what I said Annie." She said placing a long kiss in my head. I nod and bite my lip. She gives everyone else a hug. She gives a long one to Tisha. She starts to enter the airport but she gives me one last smile. I'm already missing her.

Hayden and I were chilling on the couch watching Netflix. Paige went out with Tisha to go grab some groceries. "Are you okay Annie?" Hayden said stroking my hair. My head was in his lap. "No" "I know this is hard for you Anns, but, sometime you're going to have to learn to move on. I understand if you can't right now." He said. I sighed and sat up. Next to him. Hayden intertwined our fingers. He took his hand and placed it on my cheek. We stared into each other's eyes. I can look into his chocolate eyes for hours. He leaned in so did I. We kissed. The kiss lasted about 10 seconds until I pulled away. I knew Hayden didn't want to but I wasn't in the mood. I leaned on him. He out his arms around me, surrounding me with love. He kisses my cheek. "I love you Annie." Did he just said he loved me?! Love?! LOVE?!?! The 1 word with 4 letters. "I love you too Hayden." He smiled and so did I. We just sat there.

Paige and Tisha came back. Hayden was staying the night at the condo. Paige made us dinner. I was poking my food not having the appetite to eat. "Come on Annie, eat up." Paige said looking at me with concern. "I'm not hungry." I said looking down. "Annie, you haven't been eating lately. Please eat a little" Hayden said. I sigh and nod. I eat half my meal. I wasn't even hungry. Honestly. It was only around 8:00 pm but I wanted to sleep. I wanted this day to go by already. I hug Paige good night. Hayden and I walk to my room. "How's your bruises?" I ask Hayden stretching my arms. "You tell me." He said. He took of his shirt and placed it on my dresser. I laughed and blushed. "It looks better." I say. I know he's trying to flirt but I'm ignoring it on purpose. I go and change for bed. I throw on a nike tee with spandex shorts. I walk out from the bathroom to see Hayden's body all over my bed. "Hay! Moveeeeeeee!" I said trying to push him off my bed. He didn't move. "You leave me no choice!" I say. I sit on top of him. "Annie, you weigh like nothing love." I crossed my arms and made a pouty face. I hopped off him. He finally moved over. When I was about to lay on my side, he rolled back over. "Hayden!" I said. "Only on one condition," he said sitting up. I raised my eyebrow waiting for him to say something. "One kiss please!" He said. I laughed and rolled my eyes. I kissed his lips. (This next part is a little... touchy. So skip this if your not old enough. I mean it's not to touchy, I don't like writing like that. It's more kissy)
He put his arms around my waist and pulled me on top of him on the bed. My cheeks were burning. I was blushing. He started to kiss my neck. I let him do it for a little while then, "Hayden, I don't want a hickey." I said. I could feel him smirk into my neck. Then he pulled his lips up to my ear and whispered, "why not love?" He asked. "Hayden, I just don't want a hickey. Just not now." I said. The truth is, if Paige ever found out... well, she wouldn't be mad. She would just be teasing me. "Okay."  let go of my waist and I went to my side of the bed. "Good night Anns." He said yawning. "Night Hay" and with that, we fell asleep.
-------------
Poor Annie. 2 people moved out of her life. I'm having writers block again! Ugh! 😕
Thank y'all for 1k reads! Woot woot! 💜😂⭐️