imagine - f o u r t e e n pt2

Lauren's P.O.V.

It has been 2 months since the accident and I'm still here sitting in the hospital besides Y/N's bed.

Y/N has been in the coma for 2 months with no signs of improving anytime soon or really at all. But I hold hope. I'm the only one that has.

No one understands that I can't give up on my sunshine, not yet. She's strong and I know she can pull through, I just know it.

I never really leave Y/N's side, only when her family or the girls come and make me go home, well where they are staying while we are here, to go shower and at least eat something.

Some days are harder to get through seeing her in a hospital bed but some days are slightly easier. I haven't really figured out how they are easier yet but they just seem to be.

The girls and I are on a break while Y/N is in here, but if she never wakes up then I don't think I can go on with being in Fifth Harmony.

I know that sounds selfish but there would just be too many things there to trigger memories or to make me just think about Y/N.

Hell the sun shining on a sunny day can bring me to tears or bring me peace.

I can't go on without her.

Please Y/N just open your eyes.

Open them soon please.

I need to see your beautiful eyes and kiss you just once more.

I can't give up on you. Please.

*2 years later*

Fifth Harmony died two years ago. Ally, Normani and Dinah are still together as a group but under a different name, because you can't have Fifth Harmony without all of the original members. But most of their fans are also still harmonizers, they still tweet me to see if I'm okay which is sweet and I appreciate it but I haven't replied to a single one.

I haven't even been on twitter since that certain day in particular.

The one that I will remember the most for the rest of my life.

*Flashback (2 years before)*

I had my head laying on Y/N's bed in the hospital looking up at the lifeless figure laying there. I was playing with her fingers which radiated a slight bit of warmth but not very much.

I was completely out of it, from not having much sleep and constantly being here in case she woke up, that I didn't even hear the door open or the people who had walked in.

My head shot up though when I heard someone clear their throat from behind me.

There stood Y/N's mum, dad, brother and the doctor.

"Lauren, sweetie," Y/N's mother started off while playing with something that looked like a letter, "We have something for you. Y/N had them written just in case for something like this."

I started to feeling slightly nauseous just thinking about what could be in the letter.

She handed me the letter and told me to read it.

I leaned back and opened the letter starting to read it.

Dear Lauren,

My sweet Laur, I know that you told me I shouldn't write these because of your superstitions but I went along with it anyway.

I wrote to tell you that I'm probably in a bad state and there isn't much chance for me to make this, whatever I'm in, but I need to tell you a few things Lo.

I love you very much and I changed you to my only emergency contact for my medical records, so if I'm on life support and there isn't much chance, you're the only one who can turn it off.

Basically I'm telling you that I trust you with my life and I know that you, out of all people, will never give up on me.

But if that time ever came or has come, please just think of me and think what will be better than me.

I know it'll be very hard for you but promise me you will try to move on if I'm gone.

I need you to be happy Lauren. Even if it's without me.

Never forget that I love and care for you so much and if I'm not around I still love you and care for you the same.

I'll be loving you from up there.

Never forget me. I love you Lauren.

If there isn't a chance, if it's been a year or more and I'm still on life support and not making progress then please turn it off.

Please don't feel as though you are giving up on me, because you haven't, I know Lauren that you would never give up on me.

We'll be together again one day baby.

I'll be your guardian angel.

I love you Lauren.

I was balling my eyes out by the time I had finished reading Y/N's letter to me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder to see Y/N's mum standing there comforting me.

"You don't have to but Lauren she hasn't made any progress in the last year,"

I nodded understanding but I knew deep down I had to do what was best for her family and Y/N. I couldn't keep them living with false hope that she'll wake up.

Even if it isn't what's best for me.

I nodded my head to the doctor and he understood what I had meant.

He lead me over to the machine and before anything I quickly leant down and capture her soft, cold lips in a kiss, trying to remember every inch and the taste before it was all gone.

"I'll never forget you Y/N. Love you forever and ever and always baby,"

I watched her, trying to soak in every inch of her body and her features before the flat line appeared and the beeping was heard.

I completely broke down.

*Present day*

I still love you Y/N.

I haven't forgotten you, I hope you haven't forgotten me.

"I'll see you soon my love,"

I said as I kicked the chair away and took my last breath.

AN: I bet you probs weren't expecting this kind of ending but apparently i never used to write happy ending imagines :P

Can't wait for the next month to be over and then I can party in Thailand :P 

- brooke x