4. icebreaker

Lily's pov

Yesterday I met Mr jerk. What a coincidence. I had to bump into him in the diner! God, how clumsy I am. If I hadn't been in the diner I would have come up with a nice comeback. But I got to admit I lost all my senses when I slammed onto his muscular chest. I held onto him as if my life depended on him. He held me in a strong embrace, like he would never let me go. Then his  sexy mouth moved closer to my ear and whispered in a husky voice "we got to stop bumping into each other honey." I was brought back to the moment and pushed out of his arms. The other waitress Julie eyed me with distaste. I couldn't talk back to a customer inside the diner itself so I gave up and murmured sorry and ran back to the kitchen.

After all the job did pay enough to pay off our bills, so I couldn't loose it just for a jerk.

Anyway, my sister called me today.
"Hey Lily how are you?" She asked "Oh I'm fine, how is the wedding planning going on?" I asked while pouring a glass of orange juice. "Actually that's why I called you. Today there will be a dinner for the bridal party at Dylan's house. It will be an icebreaker for everyone. I have a certain person I want to introduce to you, so dress to impress." I rolled my eyes. "Please tell me your not going to play matchmaker." I begged. "Well little sis I love you loads. See you tonight. Ciao!" She hung up before I had a chance to speak.

I sighed. My typical sister. Oh God! I had a feeling today will be a long day.

###

I had two more hours until dinner. I chose my backless black lace dress with matching black stiletto heels. Well I might as well get dressed and go to Dylan's house early to give a helping hand. I already baked my triple fudge brownies to take to their place. Sarah loves them. I put on my dress and heels and curled my hair slightly. Then I put on a bit of mascara and some lip gloss. I'm not a big fan of caking up my makeup.

I grabbed my purse and went down the stairs. My brother Jonas was downstairs. Eyeing the box of  brownies. He was in his last year of school, so Sarah thought it best to keep him out of the wedding drama and let him study for finals. He noticed me and turned to look at me.
" whoa Lil! Who is the Prince charming? I thought you were just going to have dinner with Sarah." He said,smirking. "Oh don't get your hopes high my dear brother. It is Sarah who told me , I quote 'dress to impress'." I ruffled his hair. "Hey I put a lot of work on that. I have a party!" He complained. "Aww, little Johnny is going to meet a girl." I teased as  I ran out of the door and slammed it shut.

Don't worry guys, there's a follow-up chapter. I will post it later today.
For now,
Please vote and show your support. I really need it.
Thanks
4ever_puppylove

As promised here are the covers by you guys
Cover by sweet_heart_14

As promised here are the covers by you guysCover by sweet_heart_14

Cover by sweet_heart_14

Thanks sweet_heart_14