11.

Emily POV

The next morning Cedric entered the hall, I jumped out of my seat and ran towards him. "Don't you dare putting your name in to that thing!" I pleaded. "Like really, have you seen it? It must be spewing fire! And besides, if you participate, who knows where your data is going? And if you're going to get famous, you won't be able to take a stroll along the Thames! Everyone is going to ask you for autographs and selfies you're gonna have to flee from annoying girls, even more than now! And-"

He started laughing and caught my hands, which I was fidgeting with. "Calm down, Emily, they probably won't even pick me," he snorted

"CEDRIC DIGGORY, DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU'VE ALREADY PUT IT IN!!! And besides, of course they'll pick you, you're the best student of your year and if there wasn't Hermione I'd say that you're the best in the whole school!" He grinned again diabolic. „You forgot about yourself." I gave him a pointed look. "I never forget about myself, honey."

What I almost did forget over our banter, were my worries. "But why?" I sighed. "Why do you have to participate?" He stroked my arm gently. "Emily. It's a great honour to participate in something like the Tournament and imagine how proud my dad would be. Besides, I simply just want to. Does that kind of make sense?"

I sighed again. I knew this discussion wasn't leading anywhere, so I decided to leave it and hope that he wouldn't get picked. I shortly hugged him and then walked over to my seat next to Harry and vis-a-vis from Ginny.

„He's doing it, right?", Hermione asked me ss soon as I sat down. „Yep," I mumbled and tore my hair.

3rd person POV

The Halloween feast seemed to take much longer than usual. Perhaps because it was their second feast in two days, Harry didn't seem to fancy the extravagantly prepared food as much as he would have normally. Like everyone else in the Hall, judging by the constantly craning necks, the impatient expressions on every face, the fidgeting, and the standing up to see whether Dumbledore had finished eating yet, Harry simply wanted the plates to clear, and to hear who had been selected as champions.

Emily wasn't half as eager as the rest of the hall. Isn't it obvious who'll be it, anyways, she tought. From Durmstrang this Krum creep and from Beauxbatons this French slu-... sweetheart Delacow. The way  she was bossing around her so called friends and Hogwarts students made Emily sick, even though she hadn't seen her that often.

And from Hogwarts... as much Em didn't want to, she was completly sure it was going to be Cedric. He was the definition of an all-around talent, of course he was going to be picked.

At long last, the golden plates returned to their original spotless state; there was a sharp upswing in the level of noise within the Hall, which died away almost instantly as Dumbledore started to speak.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - he indicated the door behind the staff table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

He took out his wand and gave a great sweeping wave with it; at once, all the candles except those inside the carved pumpkins were extinguished, plunging them into a state of semidarkness. The Goblet of Fire now shone more brightly than anything in the whole Hall, the sparkling bright, bluey-whiteness of the flames almost painful on the eyes.
The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red again. Sparks began to fly from it.