Part Three

The life Peyton Westlake once had was no more.

His work, his career, and his face – all singed away in the senseless act committed by those men...those gangsters; his vengeance on them would be long and merciless.

All he needed was to find a place to set up a new lab to begin where he left off.

That suddenly became impossible with the new setting he found himself in.

Nothing about the city he lived in most of his past life was recognizable; signs, places, and...the people. In his wandering, he managed to attract more than enough unwanted attention with his hideous disfigurement.

Then he saw their faces.

            It might have been the deliria he suffered from his injures, but Peyton perceived the face of every citizen around him as distorted, black-and-white, and pig-like

It might have been the deliria he suffered from his injures, but Peyton perceived the face of every citizen around him as distorted, black-and-white, and pig-like. They all had large, thick brows, sunken eyes, swollen and twisted lips, and wrinkled noses with extremely large nostrils.

To Peyton, they were far more unsettling to look on than himself.

And yet, these grotesque beings were astonished by his face.

"Look at him!"

"He's gorgeous!"

"I wonder who his surgeon is!"

"How do I get a face like that?"

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

"Who is he?"

In spite of the unexpected outcome, the swelling interest in him was too overwhelming to stand any longer. As such, he ran away in haste.

Unfortunately, news of this gloriously attractive individual spread fast.

In a matter of minutes, everyone in the city was talking about it.

It reached as far as the halls of the capitol building, where the Superior Leader dwelled. Seeing the mysterious man televised all over news stations, he was just as enthralled as every denizen of Superior City.

"Find me this missing link," he ordered his men. "And bring him to me!"

 "And bring him to me!"