Daughter of the Dark Knight

Bruce sighed as he picked up an old picture of his collage girlfriend holding a baby girl wrapped in a blanket, a younger version of him stood beside her smiling. Earlier Alfred had gotten a call that she’d died in a car wreck yesterday, their daughter Skye was fifteen now and as far as he knew had black hair and ice blue eyes. Footsteps approached as his foster son Dick Grayson walked into the room.

            “Who are they?” He asked before Bruce could hide the picture.

            “It doesn’t matter.”

            “Where’s Alfred going then?”

            “To pick up someone.”

            “Who?”

            “You’ll meet her when they get back.” Bruce grumbled. Dick scoffed before leaving the room, Bruce watched him go before mumbling; “I hate teenagers.”

            The door opened as Alfred came in five hours later with Skye, Bruce got up and walked out to meet them and heard Dick come running down the stairs. Skye saw them and hugged her father, Ava, her mother, had told her about him but every time she asked why they never went to see him she’d tell her he was too busy.

            “Hey Skye, I’m sorry about… what happened.” Bruce told her awkwardly.

            “There wasn’t anything anyone could do.” She answered calmly. “Who’s that?”

            “I’m Richard Grayson, but you can call me Dick.” He told her. “Bruce adopted me after my parents died in an accident.”

            “Well why don’t you and Alfred show her around so she doesn’t get lost.” Bruce suggested.

“Good idea sir.” Alfred picked up a suitcase and showed her around, careful not to give anything away about the cave under the house or the room with the piano in it.

            Skye observed her room; it was across the hall from Dick’s and down the hall from her father’s. The room had black bed sheets, carpet, and curtains, the walls were painted maroon, it wasn’t her style although she did like the color black. She put her clothes in the dresser, which was also black, and looked out the window at the driveway. At her mom’s house she would look out her window and see a lake, after school she’d sit outside and do her homework as birds skimmed across the water, during the winter her mom would get the ice-skates out and they’d go ice-skating. She sighed and answered the door as someone knocked on it.

            “Hey Alfred.” She said.

            “I just wanted to inform you that you can go about the house and can get up whenever you’d like.” He turned away before pausing and throwing a pair of keys to her. “For the house, motorcycle, and car. You can look at them tomorrow if there’s anything else you need just call me.”