recover | richie tozier | 4

Dedicated to @trxshmouth

Summary: After Georgie Denbrough goes 'missing', his sister, Josephine Denbrough, distances herself from everyone and copes by smoking. Richie Tozier tries to make Josephine talk to people again and stop smoking.

Word count: 1605

I APOLOGISE FOR ANY SPELLING ERRORS

UNEDITED

-----

Josephine took the small cancer stick out of the packet she had stolen from Mr Keene's pharmacy and lit it up, with the help of her handy lighter. The missing of Georgie Denbrough wasn't an accident, he wasn't missing, sure enough to Josephine, Georgie was dead.

She tried convincing everyone that Georgie had died, but she was told the same thing over and over again,

"How would you know?"

She knew as paranormal things began around her, seeing the nasty clown she oh so feared, but everyone would believe she was crazy if she told people, so she kept it to herself. Sometimes, she wanted to believe she was just hallucinating. She stared pushing people away, stopped talking to any human and would walk away if there was an opportunity with human interaction. The only people she would talk to was Bill and her parents, but that rarely occurred.

She even stopped talking to Richie, the boy that she adored and loved. She distanced herself from everyone and smoking was the only thing that would get her through the pain.

Josephine was at The Quarry, sitting down on a rock with one arm behind her, supporting her from falling back. Her other hand was holding her cigarette, occasionally holding the cigarette to her lips and blowing out smoke.

She looked down at the water, seeing small tadpoles race around the water. She remembered the times when Josephine would secretly sneak out and jump off the cliff and into the water at The Quarry, and it seems as if she was replaced by Beverly Marsh. Josephine didn't mind, as long as it kept the boys happy and away from talking to her.

Josephine sighed, puffing out smoke. She continued her routine with her cigarette. A few minutes later, Josephine dipped her cigarette into the water and placed it beside her.

She sprawled out onto the rock and pushed her sunglasses down onto her nose from her head, closing her eyes. It was almost 3PM and she had no intention in coming back home whatsoever. 

"Hey" The familiar voice of Richie Tozier greeted her. Josephine's eye shot up and she sat up from her spot, looking up at the voice. He was behind her, staring at her. Richie thought Josephine as beautiful and strong, and he was still right. 

Josephine never cried, she thought crying was useless and a waste of body water. Josephine turned monotonous, never smiling, having a dull voice and always wearing those bloody sunglasses to hide her stares, glares and judgemental eyes from everyone.

Josephine looked at Richie, not saying anything, before she got up and left. She hadn't spoke since two days ago when she sprained her ankle from running away from her parents, Josephine yelled out a loud swear and went to go steal some bandages and casts from Mr Keene.

Richie tried to stop Josephine by holding his arm up, gesturing for her not to go anywhere. Josephine lifted her sunglasses to glare at the boy. Richie got a clear view of her face. She had dark bags under her eyes from staying up too long and that was all that changed. Her hair was brushed and put into a messy bun, her skin was somehow more tan from being at The Quarry for too long. He also noticed the scratches on her arms and tried to talk to her about it when she snapped at him.