Sacrifice

Chapter 8 – Sacrifice

Eren's POV

Three months before Initiation

"We must move men! That thing is after my daughter and we must save her!"

They all stood there, shaking their head. 

"You promised us money and we've got nothing but more work to do. You promised us that everything would be simple and we were merely here for extra protection but you have us chasing after a dragon and a crazed fool. You are a fool if you think we are going to continue doing your dirty work. Let the dragon live. It's not likely that she'll be able to do anything without having another dragon around. The others are dead and all we have to do is wait for her to die too."

Fools, the lot of them. They had no idea what they spoke of.

The mortals of this world were far too I to know the truth of the world. 

"Just remember that when I have what I want you men will be the next thing on my mind. Watch your back because I will be coming for you."

Fear flashed across their features before they turned away, leaving as quickly as they could.

Fine, I'll have to do this my way. 

"Konstantin." The last man in the group turned to look at me. He had been my closest worker while we tried to get Civia and her dragon. 

"I'm sorry sir, I really am. It just isn't safe anymore. There shouldn't have been a way for Tyler to get out of that hole, but he was gone before morning."

"That is a minor set-back. The overall goal is just out of reach. The reward I spoke of is so close I can almost taste it."

He shook his head. "My life isn't worth it. I can't keep going after this imaginary reward."

I faced him completely, drawing from my source of power. "Look into my eyes and tell me what you can't do."

He looked slightly confused, but made eye contact.

Before he could even open his mouth I began working the spell in my mind. After so many years of experience I only had to think of the words for a spell. Sei mia. 

"I don't want to leave you." His surprise was evident, but I couldn't focus on that. The spell was almost complete. Sei mia. 

"I don't want to leave you! I don't want to leave you!" Having him say it a third time put the finality mark on my spell. 

"Let's go Konstantin. We have ourselves a dragon to catch."

He nodded, looking as if he were an empty shell.

In all truth; that's exactly what he was.

Three days after The Decision

"Great! They've prepared for battle. The Hunters must've already made it. Do you know what this means?"

Konstantin grunted. 

"Right, of course you don't know what this means. But I'll tell you anyways. This means that we have a much better chance of capturing a dragon."

Before it had been too hard to enter the Kingdom, let alone take a dragon from it.

This war between the Dragons and Hunters could very well be the best thing that could have ever happened for me.

The dragons will be so worried about the Hunters they won't even see me coming.