Dragon Down

The dragon hunters ships were all tied up at the dock of their island. There was a meeting in their base and the room was crowded. The captain stood on a table and held his sword above his head, this was the sign that the meeting had begun. Everyone went quite. "I've heard that there have been a few problems these past few days... something about a rouge dragon rider" said the captain. The crowd muttered to themselves. "Yes, I was there when they attacked" called out a hunter as he came forwards. "Keep talking..." said the captain. "It was a normal day, we had caught a fine batch of dragons. Then suddenly our sail got ripped in half and out boat caught fire as it was hit by blue flames. We saw a dragon no one has even seen before and the arrows would just bounce off it. And there was a masked Viking riding the dragon. They freed all our dragons and flew away leaving our sinking ship in flames" explained the hunter. "What did the dragon look like?" Asked the captain. The hunter picked up a piece of charcoal and draw a sketch of the dragon. "I see" said the captain. "What are we going to do?" Asked another hunter. "Oh, don't worry about that" Said the captain. "What were you thinking, sir?" Asked the hunter. "Leave that to me, I've already set up a plan!" Said the captain as he threw his sword at the wall behind him where it hit the charcoal drawing of a Razorwhip.

~~~

SilverShadow thrust a spine from her tail and waited. She heard the sound of the spine hitting wood and dived down from the grey cloud she was in. She shot a flame and the sail of the ship burst into flames. She flew past the mast and sliced it with her tail making it fall and set the ship on fire. She flew along the deck and dropped Edith from her feet. Then she flew up, did a flip and crashed through the wooden deck of the boat. She let Silvia climb off her back then she ran to the guards on the boat. She flung her tail and shot flames at them, making sure not to hit them. "That's the last one!" She heard Silvia shout. She brushed her tail under the feet of the guards, making them fall to the ground. She let Silvia on her back then flew through the flames to the front of the boat. She saw Edith unlock the last cage and the dragon flew away. She rolled her eyes as she watched Edith flapping her arms around. She grabbed the girl in her claws then flew up into the thick, grey cloud and headed for a nearby island.

"Great work today!" Said Silvia as she sat on the beach of an island. "You too and especially SilverShadow!" Said Edith.
SilverShadow purred as Silvia rubbed the scales under her chin. Edith smiled and tried to stroke the dragon. SilverShadow turned around and growled softly at Edith, a warning growl. "Come on girl, it's been a week since we meet Edith and she's nice and she's been helping us. Why do you still hate her?!" Silvia complained as she shoved away SilverShadow and gave Edith a hand up. SilverShadow glared at the two girls and puffed smoke in their faces before walking away. Silvia sighed, she just couldn't figure out why SilverShadow didn't like Edith. Maybe it was jealousy.

They started a fire and sat talking for a while. "I sorry, I don't know why she is being so grumpy" said Silvia. "Maybe she just wants some time alone with you? Take her for a flight, I'm sure she would like that" Edith suggested. "Good idea. You don't mind staying here on your own for a while do you?" "No, I'll be fine." Edith watched Silvia climb on SilverShadow's back and fly away.

The flight was a very good idea because SilverShadow cheered up as she flew through the air with Silvia. They glided over the surface of the water then fly up into the clouds. They came out of the clouds and were surrounded by the moon, stars and sky. Silvia reached out her hand and touched the soft clouds underneath them. SilverShadow purred softy then did a flip and dived down towards the sea. Silvia help on tight as they fell down towards the sea. Just as her nose horn touched the water, SilverShadow spread her wings and was lifted high into the sky by the strong wind. She flapped her powerful wings and headed for a sea-stake. They flew through the rocks, bending in and out of the various formations. SilverShadow slid right and plunged underwater. Silvia held her breath and looked at the light of moon shining through the waves as she and her dragon glided underwater. Silvia noticed another light shining through the water, but this one was orange. SilverShadow surfaced and took to the air. Silvia gasped as she saw that the light cane from a dragon hunter ship at the island where they were staying.

Silvia took out the mask of razor-cloth from her pocket and put it on as they approached the ship. SilverShadow flew quickly over the island. Edith wasn't at their camp so they flew to the ship. Edith was in a bush, she looked up, saw them and ran over. "They found me, please help me" Edith said in a panicked voice. Silvia got off of SilverShadow to help, but the dragon grabbed her cloak holding her back. "What is it now?" Muttered Silvia, she looked into her dragon's eyes and could tell she afraid. "Why is she so scared, she's not even looking at the ship, she's looking at..." before Silvia could even finish her thought Edith hit her on the head with a rock. Silvia fell to the ground and Edith tied her in chains. "What are you doing?!" Yelled Silvia. "Taking what's mine!" Said Edith as she pulled out a dragon root arrow and a bow. Silvia held her breath, if she managed to hit SilverShadow with that arrow her dragon would be paralysed until she was given the antidote.

SilverShadow roared and opened her mouth, preparing a flame in her throat. Edith took the chance and let the arrow go. The arrow hit SilverShadow's tongue and the dragon fell to the ground. A hunter wrapped her up in chains. Edith walked over to Silvia. "Thanks for the dragon" she smirked as she walked away with the hunters. Silvia was so weak and shocked that she couldn't move, she couldn't even think. All she could do was watch the ship sail away with her dragon as tears rolled down her face.