Golden Heart

Ruby nudged Luca. "Did you hear that?" Ruby asked. "Hear what?" Luca asked confused. "That metallic sound" Ruby said as she heard it again. "Oh yeah" Luca said as he finally heard it. They looked up and saw Silvia and SilverShadow above them. "Oh my god Silvia!" Ruby shouted with excitement. All the people heard the shout and came over to see what happened. Silvia hugged Ruby and Luca. Juniper landed on her shoulder. Cece ran over and hugged Silvia. "Mom there is something you need to know" Silvia said pointing to Ruby. "Ruby! Oh my goodness, what happened?" Cece asked hugging her long lost daughter. Silvia, Ruby and Luca sat down and told the whole village everything that had happened in the tunnels and what the chief had done.

In the morning Silvia called a meeting with the village. "We need to discuss our main problem: Fire Heart. We need a new chief" Silvia said. There were many suggestions, but once mentioned, everyone voted for Silvia. "If I'm chief things will be very different and I may not be around as often either, but Ruby can take over when I'm gone. So I would be happy to me your chief" Silvia said. The people discussed and all agreed Silvia would be the chief. "Right then firstly, who wants to know how to train your very own dragon?" Silvia asked smiling. After getting everyone their own dragon and teaching them how to ride it, Silvia led to villagers to another island.

This island also had a network of caves under it, but it was steady and secure. The island was much larger and had cliffs, lakes, rivers, meadows, forests, beaches and even a field of dragon nip. Silvia found the centre of the island and landed the people there. Silvia explained the layout of the village. At the top of some steps would be the new great hall. There would be huts and houses everywhere. There would be farms, trading posts and a forge further down. Each hut would have a dragon stable and there would be a dragon training arena. Silvia then explained some changes. Silvia let the people take a vote and everyone wanted to change the name of the village, so with everyone agreeing, Silvia named the village Golden Heart. The protecters of Fire Heart would now become protecters of Golden Heart and they would protect the people and dragons and stop the dragon hunters.

After a few weeks, with the help of dragons and people, the village was complete. Silvia, Ruby, Cece and Luca lived in the great hall. Luca had become a part of their family and felt like a brother to both Silvia and Ruby. The village lived in complete harmony with dragons and everyone was happy. Terrible Terrors were now used for people to send messages to each other after Juniper showed them how to. The new tradition was every year, all thirteen-year-old boys and girls would sail to an island and tame a dragon. They would then fly with their dragon and destroy a dragon hunters ship and bring back a dragon root arrow as proof. Anyone who succeeded in five days would then become a protector of Golden Heart.

Silvia flew over her new island with SilverShadow. They reached cave where the dragon egg that they took from Fire Heart lived. The egg was in a pool of lava so it could use the heat to hatch. The egg was due to hatch any day now and Silvia wanted to see what species of dragon it was. SilverShadow landed by the egg just as it started to crack. Silvia watched as the egg cracked open and the baby dragon crawled out of it. The dragon was black with bright green eyes. He was a Night Fury. Silvia gasped, Night Furies were thought to be extinct nowadays. This may the last one. Silvia held up her hand and the dragon put his head against it. "He's gorgeous" Silvia smiled. SilverShadow puffed some smoke in Silvia's face and turned her back. Silvia turned and patted her dragon. "You jealous?" She asked with a laugh.

Silvia took the baby Night Fury and showed him to Ruby and Luca. "Wow he's amazing!" They both said. "I know" Silvia said watching the baby flap his tiny wings about. "He can stay, but if he wants to go to the wild we let him go without a fuss" Silvia told them. "Yes chief!" Luca said smiling.

Silvia looked after the Night Fury until he could fly. She named him NightShade. Eventually when he was a month older the time came when NightShade wanted to leave and live his own life. Silvia and SilverShadow walked to the cliff with him. "Goodbye NightShade, I'll always remember you. Be safe buddy" Silvia said as she pressed her head against his and NightShade purred. NightShade turned to SilverShadow, his best friend. NightShade and SilverShadow rubbed heads. NightShade walked to the edge of the cliff and looked over to ocean at the sunset ahead. With a final goodbye purr, NightShade leapt into the air and dived down then opened his wings and flew away. Silvia watched him go. "How about we go for a sunset flight?" Silvia suggested as she turned to SilverShadow.

Silvia and SilverShadow flew through the air. Silvia had never felt so free! Her life was perfect. SilverShadow couldn't be happier. She had everything she wanted. Everything had changed! They flew to a nearby sea-stake. SilverShadow flew in and out of the various rock formations. She slid to the left, swag to the right, dropped down low and flew through a hole in one of the rocks then took it back high into the clouds. Silvia and SilverShadow glided above the clouds with the beautiful sky in front of them. Everything had changed. Silvia smiles and looked down. She rubbed her Razorwhip's neck as SilverShadow purred and they glided off into the sunset.

The End!