New starts

A/N ok so I re read the first chapter and I just want to jump off a cliff right now. It's soooooo OOC but I'm not gonna change it because I'm a lazy ass ******.

Obviously apart from Natsu who's supposed to be OOC btw. Duh.

Lucy's POV

As we walked back to the magic shop, the silence was Killing me, so of course being the great person I am, I tried to make small talk. Multiple times

Only to be blown off. Each. And. Every. Time. So, obviously, I tried again.

"So what are you guys in this dead end town for?".... Again. Silence.

"Ahem. Natsu was it?" AHA! That got his attention, a little murderous aura usually does that. "You must not have heard me, I said so what are you guys in this dead end town?" The guy, looked at me and opened his mouth to speak. YES! I finally got a reaction.

"Salamander." Seriously, that's it, that's all he has to say?! Ugh seriously, as soon as I get that key, I'm off to see how to join the fairy tail guild. I know it's a long shot, but hey, a girls gotta dream big. Speaking of wizards, isn't Salamander.....

"You mean the wizard salamander who uses fire magic you can't even buy in stores????? He's here?!"

"Aye sir, and we need to speak to him."

"Wait why?"

Ignored. Again.

As I let another defeated sigh escape my lips, I recognised a familiar shop sign ahead.

Finally. My key!

As the door opened, the bell above it rang to signal our presence. The old shopkeeper from before poked his head up from beneath the counter.

"Ah miss! I've been thinking, and I can down the price for that key." Yes! Maybe now I won't need to owe a debt to these strange people.

"Seriously?! How much lower?" I asked excitedly.

"2,000 jewel."

Once again, my knees caved under me as I fell to the floor. crocodile tears and all. "I still can't pay that much. I will spend my life indebted to a couple of Wierdos." Alas, my pleas once again went ignored.

3rd POV

Natsu made his way over to the counter, placing a strange, silver object on the wooden structure.

"I'll take the gate key you have please."

Seeing the strange insignia, the old man became flustered. "I-of course, erm, that's 25,000 jewel please, I-or I. Could g-go lower if you'd like."

"No. 25,000 is already low enough." The pinkette stated monotonously, reaching into his pocket and receiving the money for the exchange, leaving a certain blonde on the floor muttering to a talking blue cat.

"How does he have that much money? He just pulls it out of his pocket like it's nothing! How much freakier can this guy get?!" She whined

"You know. He's not horrible or ignorant. He's just scared, I guess. When you first meet him, he barely says a word. You need to earn his trust. And once you do, he will never betray you. Natsu is one of the most loyal people I know. He practically raised me. And even now, his biggest flaw is his temper. And honestly even that's not much of a big deal." The cat spoke sincerely and the girl could tell he meant every word.

"Why are you telling me this?" She asked

"Because. I don't think it's right that you judge him for just what you've seen of him today. And I know that it hurts him to be so cold when you try to speak. it's just that he has some major trust issues. And you could be anyone. He doesn't feel he should tell you what you don't need to know. And even if you weren't going to betray him, he doesn't want to get in your way either."

Suddenly what had been said caught up to her, causing her tremendous guilt. He was right. She shouldn't have judged him. Lucy knew better than that. After all, she knew how it felt to be judged, but in her case. It was different. It was her family name. Maybe. Just maybe, she could get him to open up, by opening up to him first.

And she knew exactly how to do that.

___________________________
Time skip brought to you by Toby's sock

Lucy POV

I finally managed to drag these two to a restaurant so we can talk.

They sat across from me, Natsu just... Sitting there, he looks kinda on edge.  And Happy, he was asking the waitress for a fish. Well what did I expect, he is a cat after all. When the waitress finally left, I cleared my throat.

"Thank you for the key."

"Hn" even though I know why he keeps practically ignoring me, it's still annoying.

"Anyway, seen as you won't tell me anything about yourself. I'll go first. And just know, that I don't tell just anyone this."

That seemed to get the damned cats attention. Although I guess he's not that bad.

"My full Name is Lucy Heartfilia. My father is Jude Heartfilia. Yes he is filthy rich. However, I- being the undignified run away daughter that I am- am not rich. At all.

In fact I'm trying to find a guild that will accept a celestial wizard, but currently I only have one guild in mind. Even if it's a long shot- it's my dream, and I will do anything to be apart of it."

I said it. Now he's probably going to hate me for making him pay for that key when I have money entitled to name. Sighing I get up to leave, stopping, I said "I understand if you don't want anything to do with me anymore. But if you do need anything, I'll probably be in town for the next few days. Then I'm heading out to Magnolia."
I started to head to the door again. But was stopped by a voice I didn't expect to hear.

"We are looking for someone called Igneel, we've heard rumours of a Salamander in this town, and came to see if it was him. It's a likely Name for him to be associated with."  HE SPOKE! NATSU SPOKE!!

My face brightened up immediately as I seated myself again. I didn't even try to hide my happiness. "I finally got you to talk. For a moment there, I thought you'd hate me." I was fiddling with the straps on my bag; when I looked up, I saw a toothy smile which instantly made me blush.

"How could I hate you? You have done nothing wrong. I'm sure you have your reasons, but I will not pry. My name is Natsu Dragneel, nice to meet you."

He held out his he as this time, not me.
I made progress!

I took it with vigour.

"How's about a New start then? Natsu, Happy?"

"AYE SIR"

"Yes Lucy, A new start."

A/N it all still seems OOC but eh well. It is what it iss. And I struggle through the writers block, and for that I am proud

Author-Chan signing out

Baiiiiiiiiiii~