8.

"I left Jamia for this! It better be good, you ass!" I exclaimed as I barged into Bert's room. He sat up and patted the spot next to him on the bed. I rolled my eyes and sat down.

"It is, trust me." He assured. I sleepy nodded my head, not believing him yet. He took a breath and grabbed my hands. "So.." He began.

"Wait, can I get some food or a drink or something?" I asked, stopping him. He grunted and tipped his head to the side.

"Can I tell my story?" He whined. I dramatically groaned and laid down. I peered over and sighed.

"Go ahead." I said weakly. I really didn't want to hear about the balloon boy anymore, I had had enough.

"So I saw him at the Barnes and Noble store, and I started talking to him, and he likes a lot of the music we like, and he's just really cool. Also I swear, I swear by it, that he's got to be around our age." He rambled. I scrunched my eyebrows, and peered over at Bert.

"Why do I need to know this?" I asked confused. Bert sat there shocked, and I simply stated back.

"Because he's cute!" He exclaimed. I scoffed at his observation and ruffled my hair.

"I don't like guys, Bert." I reminded him. I heard him laugh, and I raised my brows quizzically.

"Not for you, dumbass! Hell no! He's mine!" He clarified. I saw so many flaws. One, he could be a total creep who takes advantage of people; two, he could not be into guys; and three, it would be illegal because he's most likely not our age since he hasn't been seen in our school. He also has a steady job at Barnes and Noble, and everyone in that damn school is beyond lazy. "That's all." He said. I stood and sighed. It was getting late, I should go home. I told Bert that my parents probably want me home, and walked back. When I walked into the house, quietly, shutting the door quietly, my dad came out from the kitchen.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath. Of course I was left with him. He came up to me and got in my face. I clenched my fists by my side out of nervous habit.

"Who do you think you are?!" He yelled. I flinched and stepped away from him. He grabbed my face and made me not turn away. "Answer me!"

"Not related to you, it seems!" I yelled back. He slapped me across the face, and I could feel the sting on my cheeks, jaw, and the weird full feeling in my nose. He shoved me to the ground, and I could feel my knees burn with a hard "thud."

"When will you learn, you dumbass, good for nothing piece of shit!" She yelled down at me. I clenched my mouth shut and I could feel tears burn my eyes from my aching knees and face. I tried standing up, but he kicked my legs, making me fall. I clutched my shin and hissed in pain. Then a blow to the eye. I clutched my face and he walked upstairs to his room, the door slamming shut. I sat back as my head fell back against the wall. I let tears fall as everything soaked into my mind and limbs. I started walking upstairs to my room, but the mirror in the bathroom caught my gaze. I went in and stared at my appearance. How was I going to cover this shit up? I looked through the medicine cabinets and found my moms makeup. I covered it up so when she got back from wherever she was, she wouldn't suspect anything. I left the house again, I had to. I went out into the night sky, and tried to hide from the cold, biting, fall air.
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
I was back at the park. I always ended up here in times of distress. It was now pretty dark, and the air was getting colder. I sighed and let my eyes tear up at the earlier actions that happened. I wanted my dad to like me. I wanted to be happy. God, I wanted to be happy.

"Hey... You alright?" I heard a voice ask quietly. I whipped my head around and saw the clown boy standing in black pants, and a shirt with a faded logo. No makeup. I wiped my eyes, and clenched my fists.

"Don't fucking talk to me, you didn't see anything." I growled as I tried calming my heart down from his sudden presence. He sat down on the bench with me and twiddled his fingers.

"I don't make fun of people who act like humans." He said softly. I relaxed a little in his company, which still seemed positive like always.

"You stalking me?" I asked as a looked down at his hands. He giggled and shook his head, red locks falling over his cheeks.

"Coincidence." He simply replied. I sighed and hung my head between my legs. "Can I comfort you?" He asked sweetly. I chuckled at his question. It was ridiculous, probably fake, and forced.

"You care why?" I scoffed.

"Because you seem nice, and struggling. Hugs make people happy." He pointed out. I don't even remember the last time I was actually hugged, not side hugged, an actual hug. I stood up and he looked up at me. I rolled my eyes.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. No groping, I don't trust strangers. Don't tell anyone." I warned he smiled and stood up, me now looking up at him. I sighed and opened my arms. He took me into his embrace. I was surprised and barely put my arms around him, they were pressed against his sides as of right now. His arms were wrapped around my waist and I panicked a little. "Whoah, buddy. Hands above the waist." I demanded. He giggled and complied. I felt warm against the cold fall air, and I finally wrapped my arms around his back. His hug was warm, and tender, and he felt so soft. My head rested on his chest as time passed. I forgot about my dad, my dumb grades, my responsibilities, my problems--I only thought of the balloon boy, the person who was holding me, and making me feel comfortable. Gerard.