Introductions

Yang: Guys! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!

Ruby grabs your hand and pulls you with her while you wave bye to Jaune

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?!

Yang: How's your first day going?

(Y/N): Could be better.

Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?

Yang: Yikes! Meltdown already?

Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?

Yang: Are you being sarcastic?

(Y/N): If only she was.

Ruby: I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!

Weiss: You!

Ruby: Oh, God, it's happening again!

Weiss: You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!

Yang: Oh, my God, you really exploded...

(Y/N): I'm still unable to believe it.

Ruby: It was an accident. It was an accident!

Weiss hands Y/N and Ruby a Pamphlet

Ruby and (Y/N): What's this?

Weiss: The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in the field.

Ruby: Uuhhh...?

Weiss: You really wanna start making things up to me?

Ruby: Absolutely?

Weiss: Read this, and don't ever speak to me again.

(Y/N): Ok I think we need to calm down for a second and talk this out.

Weiss: Oh and you especially I don't want you to speak to me!

(Y/N): What?! Why?!

Weiss: Because you are even worse than her!

Y/N: I haven't even done anything?!

Yang: Look, uh, it sounds like you three just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?

Ruby: Yeah! Great idea, sis! Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!

Weiss: Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, blond, and scraggly over there! (Jaune, in the background, picks up on the mention)

Ruby: Wow, really?!

Weiss: No.

Everyone's attention is now drawn towards the stage where the blonde female huntsman from their last encounter was present and a man with grey hair and glasses.

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.