Initiation

A sea of fire surrounded Y/N the flames ever growing closer as they made contact with his feet he suddenly burst into flames writhing in pain wanting it to stop and then they did. Y/N quickly examined himself seeing that nothing on him seemed burned. What could have done this?

???: Y/N I have saved you from eternal damnation.

A voice rang out speaking to Y/N

(Y/N): But Why? I deserve to be cast down for eternity, especially for the people I have hurt.

???: That is what has been decided but I can give you another chance. A chance to right your wrongs.

(Y/N): How?! Why?! I don't deserve a second chance!

???: That is what you think now my child but you will soon see that you can right your wrongs. I am going to send you to a land unknown to you. I need you to become strong so when your time has come to be called to duty you will be ready. I will tell you more of what you need to do in due time. But for now, will you accept?

Y/N stood there thinking of what might happen if he accepts this offer. But then the faces of those he hurt flashed through his mind. It was at that point he knew.

(Y/N): I accept.

???: Good, now close your eyes and I will give you powers to help you become more suited for the world I am sending you to.

Y/N did what he was told he closed his eyes and waited. And waited. And waited. Nothing happened, until he heard it. Chanting in a language unknown to him, the chanting kept increasing in speed. Until it stopped.

???: I ask you again are you ready?

(Y/N): Yes, I am ready

At that point, Y/N felt a sharp pain in his chest causing him to open his eyes and look down and what he saw was his heart. It had been torn out of his body. Y/N fell to his knees touching his now heartless chest. The chanting began again this time a figure had come with the chanting. The figure was holding his heart, changing it, molding it. The figure had stopped the chanting and looked towards Y/N it dashed at him plunging his heart back into him. Y/N woke up in a sweat, breathing heavily. Looking around it was still dark out and everyone was still asleep.

(Y/N): I haven't had that dream in a while.

Yang: Hey Y/N you okay over there? Seems like you had a bad dream.

(Y/N): Yeah I'm fine, it was all just a bad dream... man I hate those so much.

Yang: Yeah I have those too sometimes but you know what helps me when I have a bad dream?

(Y/N): What?

Yang: Cuddling with someone, just having the warmth of another person calms me down.

(Y/N): Yeah I guess that could help...

Yang: So you know I'm right here if you want to-

(Y/N): No Yang, I'm not going to jump into your sleeping bag with you.

Yang: Jeez being such a party pooper.

Yang faced the other way and continued to mumble to herself and quickly fell back asleep. Y/N got up out of his sleeping bag and headed out of the auditorium, he found a clock on the wall it showed 4:37 it was early for a majority for most people but for Y/N it was a blessing that he had a good nights sleep for once. He headed out of the school and it's grounds and found a cliff. He sat down hanging his legs off the cliff. About 45 minutes had passed and he heard the sound of dead grass being crushed under feet. He peeked over his shoulder and saw that it was Professor Ozpin.