The Dance

The day of the dance had finally arrived. Needless to say, you were both excited and terrified. You were excited because you could admittedly go on a date with Weiss but that was also what you scared about. You didn't want to screw it up with her. Currently, you were inside the JNPR dorm getting ready with help from Jaune and Ren.

Jaune: Come on, (Y/N), you gotta look better.

Ren: Jaune, perhaps you could cut back a little.

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm with Ren on this one. Weiss kinda picked this out for me. The only thing I need to worry about is not screwing it up.

Jaune: I'm just trying to help out.

(Y/N): I know. But...don't worry about me. I'll handle it.

Jaune: You sure?

(Y/N): Positive. Wish me luck.

Jaune: Good luck.

Ren: You'll be just fine.

You walk out of the JNPR dorm and go across the hallway. You sigh to yourself and take a deep breath. You knocked on the door and Ruby answered it with her a red and black dress on.

Ruby: Hey, (Y/N). Weiss! You're boyfriend is here!

You blushed heavily at the aspect that Ruby was calling you "Weiss' boyfriend". You stayed put and waited for Weiss and when she stepped out...you were awestruck. She was wearing a beautiful white dress with a blue snowflake emblem necklace. Her hair was in a center ponytail and you could tell she was wearing a lot of make up to make sure she looked her best.

(Y/N): My lady.

You joking bow. However, you hear Weiss giggle a bit which made you smile to yourself. You raised yourself up and extend your hand out to her.

(Y/N): Shall we?

Weiss: Of course.

Yang: Don't get too clinging, kids. Save some for the rest of us.

You blushed at Yang's remark and you could see Weiss was visibly angered by the comment. She wiped her head back and continue to walk forward. You saluted to Team RWBY and ran up to Weiss and locked your arms with hers.

The two of you walked down to Beacon's docks and got onto a bullhead. You two walked through Vale and you both loved the lanterns and other celebrations for the Vytal Festival. You two finally arrived at the restaurant Weiss had picked out. While it was very fancy, you accepted it to please Weiss.

You two ordered and had an admittedly good time. You had ordered a large steak while Weiss had the special soup. The food was decent in your opinion while Weiss absolutely loved it. You really did make your distain of the dinner known to Weiss following it. She did agree with you, but you were able to call her out on it.

Finally you two came to the dance. As we came closer and closer to the dance, we could hear the music get louder and louder. I looked down at Weiss to see her smiling, getting ready for the dance. She looked back up at you and smiled at you. You smiled with her and entered the dance.

(Y/N): I never did say you looked beautiful, Weiss.

Weiss: Thank you, (Y/N). I never mentioned you do look good as well.

(Y/N): Thanks.

You two enter the dance and see everyone there enjoying themselves. Weiss was standing with Ruby while you walked off to the side to sit down. When you did, you realized Weiss had joined you.

(Y/N): Don't you want to go dancing?

Weiss: I'd prefer it if you would dance too.

(Y/N): Is this, about the fact I was hired to protect you or part of the bet?

Weiss: ...this isn't about the bet anymore.

(Y/N): W-what?

Weiss: (Y/N). I know this is unorthodox but I-

DJ: Alright everybody! Grab that special someone and take to the dance floor.

After the DJ said this, I got up and offered a hand to Weiss. She seemed to understand the message and took it. I guided us to a open spot on the dance floor and we just started to do what we came there for.

As we arrived, the lights dimmed and small purple circles of light came onto the ground. I took Weiss' hand in mine and wrapped my other arm around her. She smiled at you and placed her her hand on your shoulder to let you lead. As you two progress, you was careful not to hit anyone by accident nor step onto her feet.

As you continued, you eventually began to draw a crowd as several people stopped to watch dance. You felt your heart beating even faster than ever before.

Weiss: So, (Y/N), why did you make that bet? It couldn't have just been motive for us to train better.

You could feel your face heat up. You heart was on the line. Not only that, but your possibly career as a warrior for hire could be on the line. But you were willing to put it on the line for Weiss.

(Y/N): Weiss...

Weiss: Yes?

In that moment, you decided that actions speak louder than words and as the song came to an end, you lean down to kiss Weiss. She, in turn, raised herself up to kiss you back. As the song came to a close, the lights went off and your lips made contact. Time stopped and everything felt right with the world.

As you separated, you saw the look in Weiss' eyes. You both held love in one another's eyes. You two were no longer confused by this, you both knew what it is. You knew Weiss all to well and knew you were going to have to answer the question at hand.

(Y/N): (Whispering) I let you land the hit so you could come here with me. I love you, Weiss.

Weiss: I love you too.

You had done it. You had gotten Weiss Schnee as your girlfriend. After a small applause from the crowd you gathered, you two enjoyed the rest of the night. After a few more hours at the dance, you and Weiss returned to the RWBY dorm.

The rest of the team returned to the dorm to catch you and Weiss sleeping in the same bed. Weiss was wrapped around your arms and cuddled up to your chest.

Blake: Let's just let them sleep.

The girls nod and went to sleep while you and Weiss stayed asleep, smiles on your faces.