Tainted [02]: black-timberlands-boy

With tired eyes, Lisa winced at her appearance through the bathroom mirror. Utter shit was the perfect description of how she looked and felt like; she hadn't gotten a decent amount of sleep despite spending her days at home. The blonde knew she couldn't miss school anymore or her grades will drop and ruin her overall GPA. The fear of failing was too great—Lisa aimed to score a place in the best university in the country.

The prestigious school she was attending was different from other private schools since it's ranked number one in the city and unlike the other students, she basked in the attention of being one of the smartest girls in her year, falling just behind Jisoo, the council president, and Jennie, the vice president. Rose occupied the fourth rank, and even though they could be a little mischievous from time to time, the four of them were hardworking and studious when needed to be. Society was often quick to place each stereotype into an enclosed box where they see fit; they often assume girls who studied were good and rigid and those who liked to play were callous and stupid. They broke that stigma since they don't fit in any category of what a 'good' girl should be, but they're not necessarily bad either.

Lisa added another swipe of concealer on her under-eyes, spreading and lifting her lashes with tons of mascara to hide any evidence of the lack of sleep; knowing how nosy and invasive her friends were, they will bombard her with questions that she was certainly not ready to answer. She inspected herself through the mirror again and smiled; minimalistic make-up was her go-to for school, both simple and elegant. One of the many perks of sitting on one of the thrones, of being crowned the third place academically in her institution was leniency; the professors wouldn't dare to pick on her too much. She was one of the rowdier ones compared to her friends, breaking the school rules and regulations whenever she felt like it.

Besides, the need for distraction was overwhelming—she has been cooped up in her house for a week and her assignments that were due for another two weeks were done. Lisa craved for more, she wanted to drown in her school work, or at least a greater something to take her mind off from the creepy text she received a few days ago. The first instinct was to call one of her friends but the thought was squashed immediately. The blonde grabbed her things and made her way to the garage, double checking she had everything on her. She hadn't told anyone about last week's incident as she has yet to process the whole situation. A part of her wanted to bury what she'd seen—to say, 'goodbye and good riddance,' but another side of her; the daredevil, wanted to know why she was left alive and if so, for what purpose.

She always had a galling habit of playing Nancy Drew, unintentionally pulling an eager Jisoo, an anxious Rosé, and a reluctant Jennie along with her mindless shenanigans. Life should be full of adventures, she told them once when Jennie sent her a nasty scowl. Jisoo was onboard on most things though; they were paired up for an investigative reporting assignment once, and the two of them had the time of their lives researching and going through old records. It was exhilarating and time-consuming, but if Lisa had to be honest with herself, she was probably in it for the thrill.

She was about to step into her car when she saw something peculiar; a small, scrap of paper tucked in between the windshield wipers.

Who would've left it there, Lisa thought warily, suspiciously looking around. They couldn't have passed through the gate, she assured herself, before taking the note to read it.

Why didn't you reply me, love?

—Secret Admirer

Lisa frowned to herself. She wanted to dismiss it as a cruel prank but she has been feeling more than a little paranoid lately, and the fact that she hadn't confirmed the identity of the person who sent the message made her feel extremely uneasy. Her mind was whirling with all sorts of questions as she hurriedly got into her car and shove the note in her bag. Jamming the key into the ignition, she drove out of the garage and into the pavement, not noticing a pair of eyes watching her intently in the dark.