Tainted [08]: the playmates

"Remember to call us if anything happens, understand?"

"You can have your friends over, but strictly no boys."

Park Chaeyoung laughed sweetly, "Yes, mother, father, I know. Now go, or you're going to be late for your flight."

Her mother beamed, wrapping her arms around her daughter in a warm hug. "My darling girl, Rosé, I love you so much."

She returned the hug and whispered an "I love you too," before releasing her hold on the older woman. The auburn-haired girl kissed her parents goodbye, her gaze lingered on their retreating backs as they rolled their suitcases to the awaiting taxi. She waved a hand and waited for the taxi to drive off from the front porch, before walking back into the house, closing the front door with a small 'click'.

Rosé ran up to her room giddily, and reached for her phone on her bed, dialling a number quickly, pressing it against her ear. She smiled when the person answered after two rings.

"They're gone," She breathed, twirling a lock of hair with a finger.

The rough chuckle at the other line was music to her ears.

"Naughty girl," He said teasingly, "Is this an invitation?"

"Don't be coy, Park Jimin. Do I have to repeat myself?"

"I'll be there in thirty minutes. Prepare yourself."

Rosé giggled nervously, biting her lower lip, "I'll be waiting."

The auburn-haired girl ended the call and walked to the bathroom. She took off her nightgown and inspected her body closely through a full-length mirror. She couldn't help but to cringe at what she saw—she wasn't thin enough, she wasn't voluptuous either; she threw up the remains of her dinner but her mother had prepared an early breakfast before, and unfortunately, she couldn't escape the clutches of the woman.

Rosé released an aggravated sigh; she needed to be perfect—she needed this experience to be perfect. She didn't know how she got the attention of the beautiful Park Jimin, but she tried; through playful glances and flirty giggles, she'd be damned if she were to fuck it up. She twirled around and held back frustrating tears when she saw her nasty scar on her lower back. She bit her lower lip harshly.

"I'll cover it up," She whispered to her reflection, "You're beautiful. You're beautiful. You're beautiful."

She deserved this; she deserved to be loved and adored, to be fawn over and cared for. No one could tell her otherwise—but, she paused, eyes trailing down to her body again, and right up to her features; her eyes were too small, and her nose was too big, her cheeks were too puffy, and her lips were too thin. She could see the slight bulge from her stomach, and god, her scar was so fucking ugly—she clawed her skin—she was so ugly-ugly-ugly and—Rosé gagged when she could feel the bile rising from her throat. She immediately ran to the toilet bowl; her vision was blurry and teary as she held her hair back with one hand, another was on the seat, supporting her weight. 

She flushed the toilet and went to the sink, brushing her teeth for the sixth time today. She took a paper towel from the counter and lightly dabbed her face. Rosé reapplied her make-up; gloss hiding chapped lips, two more coats of mascara to bring out her dull eyes, a few dabs of concealer to hide her uneven skin, and a tint of blush on her cheeks to add some colour to her pale skin.

She stared at her reflection, wordlessly repeating her usual mantra.

You're beautiful. You're worthy. You're deserving. You're beautiful. You're perfect. You can do this. You're loved. You're beautiful