THE REFLECTIONS

He has never seen anyone so broken, much more broken than he was

He has never seen anyone so broken, much more broken than he was. He has never seen anyone so strong, someone who put on a mask to hide their true feelings. That was Jaeun in a nutshell.

He stares at her with concern, his eyes trailing from her sad and tired eyes down to her shivering body that was warming up to the towel he wrapped around her earlier. She was sitting on her bed, staring off into the distance with a face that looked exhausted, almost as if she was tired of being sad, tired of being broken.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door, the door slightly opening and Yoojung peaks through the small crack of the door. Taehyung waves her to go away, but she points towards Jaeun, who doesn't seem to notice her presence in the room. Yoojung frowns, her whole body slumping before closing the door again. 

"I wish I knew exactly why you're going through this," he began, hesitantly and cautious. She looks at him with a blank expression. "But whatever you're going through right now, needs to get better."

"I wish you won't," she whispers. "No one cares about me. They all just leave me. They all call me useless, but they're not wrong. All I've done was exist, that's it."

"People care about you, Jaeun-ah. The kids love you, Yoojung loves you, do you know how hopeless they'd feel if you left them?" He questions her and she looks away from him. "You're far from useless, in fact, you've helped so many kids who will definitely have a brighter future."

"Then tell me," she mumbles, "tell me why everyone keeps leaving me."

"I wish I knew why," he gently places his hand on hers, and she flinches at the sudden contact. She looks at him with an alarmed expression, but the warmth of his hands makes her soften and relax to his touch. 

"The last time I was happy," she began, "I don't remember the last time I was happy. I've lost count of the days since I was."

"If that's the case," he slowly smiles, "then I'm not going anywhere until we finally reach the day where you're happy again."