THE UNKNOWN

She enters into the cafe, the fresh aroma of coffee beans filling her nostrils. She breathes in and lets out a sigh of relief, she made it. She made it alive. Heading towards the cashier counter, she whips out her wallet to skim through the small amount of cash she had on hand. Pulling out a small bill, she hears the cashier call out for the next guest.

As she heads towards the cashier counter, she places her purse gently onto the surface before looking up at the menu on the TV screens. As she picks her drink, she slowly looks at the cashier, only to gasp slightly at the sight of a familiar man, age and time being the only differences.

"M-Min Yoongi?" She stutters, and her eyes trail down to his name tag to confirm indeed, it was Min Yoongi. "Wow, long time no see."

"Ah, hello, Jaeun-ssi." He scratches the back of his neck, he was just as surprised to see her standing right in front of him. "Long time no see. What can I get you?"

"I'll have a medium French Vanilla with a blueberry muffin, please and thank you," she mumbles, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "You really look more mature, I'm not really used to it."

"I think you should get used to it if you're going to be a frequent customer here," he chuckles nervously and Jaeun takes notice of how he's avoiding eye contact with her. "Are you paying with cash, debit or credit?"

"Cash. Here's my payment," she hands him the bill and he gives her her change. Once he hands her her change, she bows her head, flashing a small smile. "Thanks. It's nice seeing you, Yoongi-ssi."

"It's," he begins, hesitating, "it's nice seeing you too, Jaeun-ssi. I hope we can see each other again and maybe catch up?"

Although Yoongi's heart was screaming for her to say yes, he saw the slight hesitancy in her expression. However, she suddenly smiles and nods her head. He feels his heart skip a beat.

"I can't say no to that," she smiles. He returns the smile and right away he's taking care of her drink. As she stares at him make her drink, her mind was screaming, poison my drink.

As he hands her her drink, she smiles and thanks him again before heading towards an empty booth to sit at. Glancing down at her cup before she takes a sip, she notices neat handwriting on the side of the cup.

You look beautiful, as always. So beautiful it makes me regret.

She looks towards Yoongi who was busy taking care of another customer. Her cheeks suddenly flush into a light pink, and when she starts to get lost in her thoughts, they were interrupted by a light tap on the window. She turns towards the window to see Yoojung waving at her along with Taehyung.

Although, Yoongi seemed to be occupied by another customer, his eyes would always linger towards Jaeun. A smile never escaping his lips right before he hands the customer his tall cup of coffee. Right when his eyes find her again, his smile immediately disappears at the sight of a familiar man and a younger girl sitting right across from Jaeun at the booth.

Indeed, you truly are the best thing I never had, Jaeun.