~ Chapter One ~

Hey there, I'm Nadia Haitham. I'm a sixteen year old girl, Egyptian and I'm on a wheelchair. Or as you may call it, "Disabled". I'd rather call it uniqueness though.

People hurt me with their sympathetic and hurtful looks, I don't need anyone's sympathy just because I'm handicapped.

I overcame people's negativity around me and I know how strong I am right now. I know I'm incapable of a lot of stuff now, I'm now self confident and I stopped hating myself.

Let me tell you the story of my life ...

It all began four years ago when I started getting to know new friends when they came into my class. It was in seventh grade when I started to get to know like eighteen new friends! We grew closer, all of us and started to be a squad or as I may call it, a pack because nobody gets left behind.

When I heard new people are coming to my class the summer before seventh grade I felted a little anxious; I've never been the sort of girl who knows how to get along and make new friends.

Thankfully, they came to my class and it was fantastic really.

We made each other birthdays, outings and surprises. We were goals to many other squads or friends.

I even fell in love with one of them and it was one hell of a roller coaster ride. That's not the point though, the point is they're always right here beside me. They always encouraged me through everything, support me through a lot and remove all the negativity around me.

I recall a day when I was moving with my wheelchair getting chocolate from a little kiosk from a park and I was going back to the table where my family sat. People were looking at me sympathetically and children came running to me asking questions like, "Why are you on this scooter/car?" While I was clearly on a electric wheelchair but I just smiled and didn't respond because I got insecure and kind of ... embarrassed?

I tried ignoring the whole scene but they kept tracing me and it was really creepy honestly.
I couldn't handle it anymore, I kept breaking down into pieces while I'm smiling on the outside.

People don't understand that I'm a human-being too and I should get treated the same way they want to get treated.

I texted my friends and told them what happened. The messages sent afterwards left me in happy tears.

"You're a shining star! You're OUR shining star" - one of them stated this.

"You're Flawbulous!" - another one of them cheered.

"You shouldn't feel down, you're amazing just the way you are!" - my best friend eased me.

The rest of the night was awesome chatting with them and I clearly loved myself more and more each day when I was surrounded by them. They always knew how to raise my self esteem. I loved them way too much.

What I need is acceptance. I don't think I've made a crime for wanting acceptance.

{ When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. }