•Cherish him...•

((Heya its been a while hasn't it? Yeah I really only write when I feel inspired. I don't really believe in writing schedules because thats basically just forcing myself to write  and that's kinda lame :P Anywho enjoy the story :3
Word count: 912))

  ~^^~

"For the last time", the annoyed assistant sighed, "its not healthy to drink that much coffee!", he said, trying his best not to yell at his boss.

"Oh I'm sorry, but are you balancing the weight of the entire undergrounds future on your shoulders?", Gaster said, every bit of his sarcasm intended.

The assistant was quiet.

"As I thought, and by the way I'm expecting your report on our latest project on my desk by 5 o'clock." The Royal scientist said, taking a sip straight from the coffee pot.

"Yes sir..." , the assistant grumbled. And with that he left.

Gaster looked at the papers he was previously studying before a certain assistant came and interrupted him with a lecture about his health.

They were taking a quick breather from the CORE. It took a lot of convincing from his son Sans but it was Asgore that finally broke him.

Speaking of which, he wondered what the goat monster was doing right about now.

'Don't you dare think about him', he thought to himself, 'we both know its not going to happen.'

But, of course, he couldn't help but think of him. He was so magnificent and funny and handsome.

'And adorable and smart and cute-' he was cut out of his thoughts when he heard an all too familiar voice.

"heya doc.", the smaller skeleton said, his grin bigger than usual.

"Hello Sans", Gaster sighed, his thoughts on the king vanishing.

"that guy looked angry", he commented. "And yet I don't care", Gaster said blandly.

"anyways, watcha' doooooiiinng?", he pestered.

"Important work if you couldn't tell", the taller if the two said rolling his eyes.

"looks like you're daydreaming to me." Sans said.

"Tch. Oh really?", Gaster scoffed, taking another sip from the half empty coffee pot.

"its about Asgore, isn't it?", he questioned, his grin quickly turning into a smirk.

Gaster nearly spit out his coffee but not wanting to ruin his papers he quickly swallowed it.
After regaining himself he looked to Sans who was snickering to himself.

"H-how do you know that?", the skeleton asked, baffled by his son.

"I have my ways", he shrugged, "pluuuusss you were kinda drawing a picture of him on your papers", he said pointing to the rough drawing of what could only be the king. Gaster stared wide- eyed at the drawing, not even realizing he had drawn it.

He quickly snatched up the papers, stuffing them in his pockets. Sans just chuckled. Gaster glowered at him.

"Don't you have something better to do? Like those calculations I asked you to check over ages ago?", Gaster asked, his glare locked onto Sans.

"news flash; already did 'em.", he said as he hoped on the counter that Gaster was leaning on.

"Well what abou-"

"look, i know ya' like him. just admit it an' stop tryin' to change the subject. "

Gaster just stood there, a blush slowly rising to his cheek bones.

"....I-i...", he stuttered.

"aw c'mon Gaster its easy. just say it with me. "i, W.D Gaster, royal scientist of th' underground, have a crush on my boss.", he finished with a grin.

"I, W.D Gaster- What am I doing I don't have to admit anything to you!", he said. Gaster took the papers out of his pocket a swatted Sans on the head with him.

"Now shoo and go bother someone else, most preferably the the lady who doesn't make my coffee the way I like it."

"hey! c'mon, cut it out!" , Sans yelped as he hopped off the counter to escape Gaster's merciless swats. He walked to the door he had entered through but stopped and turned around. His grin losing all its emotion.

"there's no use in denyin' it, dings. no matter how many times you say it isn't true it won't change a thing. ya' just gotta cherish what ya' have now...before its gone...", he finished, looking to the ground.

Gaster was surprised in Sans' sudden mood change. He was going to ask what he meant but just as fast as he came he was gone.

Gaster was alone, once again.

He unrolled the papers he had used to swat Sans and stared at his sketch. 'Pretty good actually', he thought. 'Could use some work on the horns though.' He chuckled to his self and put the papers back in his pocket.

He thought about what Sans had said. "ya' just gotta cherish what ya' have now...before its gone..." His words kept replaying in his head over and over. He thought about Asgore. He didn't know what he'd do if he lost him. Something stupid most likely. He didn't want that to happen, nor would he let it.

He was determined.

~^^~

((Ok let me just be honest here; when I was writing this chapter I was literally going in blind. I didn't even know where I wanted it to take place but I did it so yayyy  it turned out shorter than my other chapters but hey, its pretty good(´∇`) also yes I did draw the picture. If you want more like that maabe go check out my art book or something :P So vote, comment, do a backflip idc as long as you enjoyed.

Until next time...

------------

~Toodles~