•Everything is fine...•

((I'm back with another one shot! You missed me didn't you? Admit it you missed me. Ok I'll stop. Anyway enjoy
Word count: 958 woo))

~^^~

All he could do was watch.

That's all he could ever do now.

Ever since the accident.

It was sort of like a hobby now.

Watching. Day after day. Tuning in in everyone's daily lives. Even popping in once or twice. Though no one could see him or even acknowledge his existence. Though that didn't stop him. He especially liked to watch the king. Like he was currently doing now.

The goat like monster was just taking care of business. Talking to his guardsmen, tending to his garden, just the usual.

Did he feel creepy watching them? Not exactly. It wasn't like he watching anyone do anything personal anyway. He just watched everyone socialize.

Did he feel lonely? On a regular basis yes but everyone once in a while they would pop.

"Heya doc."

Speak of the devil...

Gaster slowly turned his head to see the little green-sweatered devil though he didn't say anything.

"Any reason you're watching my dad?", they smirked. They knew but they wanted to hear him say it.

He didn't want to give them the satisfaction if being right so he just turned his head, trying to pretend they weren't there. It proved quite difficult since they kept poking him in the shoulder while grinning like an idiot.

"You looooooove him don't you?", they teased.

He only grunted in response.

"Oh c'mon doc you know you do~
Asgore and Gaster, sitting in a tree, f-u-c-k-i-n-"

"IT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, OK?", he yelled, getting frustrated by their teasing. "And now...it never will..."

The demon sighed. The air suddenly felt different. Colder, if that was even possible.

"You're not the only one who misses him."

He looked back to them.

They only starred at Asgore as he watered his flowers, humming softly to himself.

"Other people miss him. Mom misses him", an image if Toriel formed in front of them. She was in her little house that was safely hidden in the ruins. She was baking a pie, ordinarily enough but apon closer inspection it was clear she had been crying given to her red puffy eyes and the tear tracks that stained the fur of her cheeks.

"Asriel- er, 'Flowey' misses him", another image appeared. In it was a small yellow flower whimpering silently to himself. He was alone, that was clear. A single column of light peered down on him as tears slipped from his face and onto the patch of grass below him. A sad sight.

"I miss him..."

Gaster looked to the demon to see they were in tears themselves. Big globs of the salty tears fell from their eyes and stained their rosy cheeks.

"Its not fair...", they said.

"ITS NOT FAIR!", they yelled clenching their fists. "I WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM! I DIDN'T WANT TO DIE! I DIDN'T EVEN ASK TO BE BORN!", the demon yelled, their screams echoing through the void. They buried their face into their hands as they cried and screamed for the mother who would never come and the father who would never hear them.

Gaster only watched. That's all he ever did. He was tired of it. He wanted to do something. He wanted to comfort them the way no one else could because, in a way, Gaster related to the demon ,though they were only a child.

They were broken.

He was broken.

Using his magic, Gaster summoned a hand and brought the child closer to him. They got the message floated over to him and hugged his chest. They buried their face into his chest and cried. It went on for what felt like hours.

Gaster's clothes were drowning in all the snot and tears but he tried not to pay much attention to that. In a way though, the demon reminded Gaster of his own sons.

How when Sans was little he would cry if his favorite ketchup bottle was taken away ,or how Papyrus would cry if Sans didn't read him a bed time story. Come to think of it he still does.

When Gaster realized the demons cries had stopped he looked down to see they were on the verge of falling asleep. He didn't let go though. He held them like his own child, slowly rocking them back and forward, lulling them to sleep.

After a while he heard soft snores emit from the child as they drifted off to a deep sleep. He stopped rocking them and sighed. He just stood there and  enjoyed the no longer lonely, but comforting silence.

He looked back at the image of the king. He was still watering his plants and humming the same melody. Gaster hummed along with him. He did have feelings for the king, and he still does. Only now his feelings will forever stay to himself. He was never going to be able to speak to the ones he loved again...and he accepted that. After all, there was nothing he could do about it. So why fight it?

A few tears trailer down his boney cheeks....but he was alright. He was fine.

Everything was fine....

                        ~^^~

((Yeah ok sorry for the feels ;-; just so be clear tho this was heavily inspired by a story on Archive Of Our Own. The story is called "We love you. I love you." by berylliumstars. My story is similar but I tried to do something different to avoid copyright and stuff. The idea wasn't mine so just wanna make that clear. Aaaannyways comment, vote, dabb on em' idc. As long as you guys enjoyed.))

Until next time...

----------------

~Toodles~