~"You need a break..."~

((Well this took waaayyy longer than it should've and that sucks -p- but nevermind that! What matters is its here so enjoy it!
Word count: 1503))

~^^~

Gaster sat at the desk in his office, repeatedly tapping his pen on its surface while glaring down at the documents and blueprints that lay dormant and untouched in front of him.

Tap, tap, tap, tap, was all that could be heard throughout the empty room.

Yet, despite the lack of sound in the room, a flurry of thoughts and worries flew threw Gaster's skull at lighting speed.

'You're supposed to be working.', one thought said.

'Stop wasting everyone's time and and do something.', another growled.

'You'll never finish this project.', a third said.

'You're useless.', one hissed.

'Everyone's depending on you and here you are sitting on your ass, doing nothing.', the last sneered, more fierce than the rest.

Gaster took in a deep breath. 'They're just thoughts', he told himself, 'they can't hurt you.'

Oh, but they did. No matter how many times he tried to deny their words deep down he knew they were right.

Pretty soon his deep breathes turned into short, desperate gasps. His soul pounded in his ears and chest and sweat began to roll down his forehead and onto the forgotten papers.

'Its happening again.'

This is the third time this week these symptoms had occured. He'd managed to calm himself down before but now they've come back with full force and Gaster was too panicked to even think. His eyes darted around the room, suddenly very conscious of his surroundings. The room felt cramped and uncomfortable, as if the walls would close in on him at anytime.

He had to get out of there.

Despite his shakiness, Gaster was able to stand, though as soon as he left his chair he felt as if his legs had been reduced to jello. Fortunately, before his butt made contact with the tiled floor he was able to grab hold of his chair and right himself.

Finally finding his balance, he took a few shaky steps towards the door, his exit out of this living nightmare.

"Just...a little...farther...", he mumbled between breathes, taking another wobbly step. His hands trembled and his vision swayed but he kept forward, keeping his objective in mind.

"Almost...there...", he breathed. And he was right. The door was just a few feet away. He was so close.

And then he fell.

Losing his balance, Gaster tumbled to the floor with a choked gasp. The pounding in his ears grew louder and more eminent. His vision blurred and tears pricked in the corners of his eyes. So close yet so far.

Drifting in and out of consciousness, Gaster only had the strength to mutter two simply words.

"Help...me..."

And then there was darkness.

~^^~

Visiting the laboratory was very common for the king, and frankly he very much enjoyed seeing what the scientists where up to every now and then.

The entire main laboratory went dead silent as the king's mighty form emerged from behind the two sliding doors and entered the building. No one dared to make a sound, a tense silence constricting the air around the lab.