1

Brittany POV

I've never been the popular type, nor do I have many friends. I have three friends, Artie, Tina, and Mike. They aren't popular either, most of us don't even get noticed at our school. Well I mean we do, but we mainly get shoved into lockers. We're all on the school's brainiacs team, I'm not even sure if anyone knows it exists. I don't mind not being popular, but it would be nice to be complimented for once instead of being criticized. Today I walked into school with my hands wrapped around my navy blue backpack and my eyes planted to the floor. I walked into school in a quick pace and walked toward my locker. I opened it, grabbed my books, and headed towards my first class. I felt a light push against me and looked up to see a blonde cheerleader. Quinn Fabray, the queen of McKinley. She turned around to grab something from a cheerio, I looked down and all of a sudden I was cold. There was red slushie all over my black and white striped shirt and suspenders. My black shorts looked wet and the slush trickled down my leg. I stared at Quinn Fabray, who was holding a cup, in shock and wiped the slush off my glasses. I heard her giggling with her friends and I immediately rushed to the bathroom. I opened the door and stood over the sink. I grabbed paper towel and wiped my face, I tried getting the slush off my shirt but it was no use. I did, however, manage to get it off of my legs and face. I felt tears starting to fall from my eyes, I wiped them away, and straightened myself up. I pushed up my raven black glasses and headed over to Quinn Fabray, I felt my face getting heated and I made my hands into a fist. I took my right fist and slammed it against her cheek, she pushed me against a locker and slapped me. We kept this up until a teacher came over to break us up. "Detention tonight, both of you!" The teacher screamed. It looks like the day I've been dreading finally came.

Santana POV

I was in class next to Quinn. We are currently the co-captains of the Cheerios, so we're basically queens at McKinley. "Soo," Quinn started saying, "Who do you think will take you to the fall dance?" I thought for a moment, "Probably Puckerman, if not, there's plenty of other guys that would go with me." I told her as I flipped my hair back. "Why don't you ask him?" She asked me. "That's a good idea," I said with a smirk. I crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it towards Puck, although I missed a bit. It hit the teacher and she looked at me, "You. Detention tonight." I softly laughed, "I saw this coming."

Brittany POV//after school

I headed to the detention with my eyes glued to the ground once again, it's only one hour with a person I hate. I sat down at a table and pulled out a book. I read until I saw a piece of blonde hair fall upon my book and a hand close it. "Sorry," I muttered. I looked up at Quinn Fabray, she had a strong glare on me. "Oh, you better be." She snarled. As she walked by I saw a Latina brunette walk behind her, it was Santana Lopez. What a goddess, if I looked like her, I don't think I'd be here right now. I watched her as she sat down and slumped back into her chair, my attention quickly snapped back when the detention monitor came into the room and explained the rules to us, and then left shortly afterwards. I started reading my book once again, but this time I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, I was face to face with Santana. "Hey, I'm Santana." She said with a smile. I blushed, "Brittany S. Pierce. T-t-that's my name." She nodded, "So how did a good girl like you end up here?" I scratched the back of my head as my face got more red by the second. "I punched Quinn Fabray," I told her in embarrassment. She slightly smirked, "Wow, I didn't expect that. Maybe you're not as weak as we thought you were." I shook my head, I didn't know where she was going with this. "No, I was just lucky. Staying in the background is my thing." I answered with a soft smile. She nodded, "Makes sense," she slid her hand across my cheek, "Didn't seem like you to really put yourself out there." I blushed at her remark, it was true, how can she see all of this? "How do you figure?" I asked her, tilting my head. Santana walked over to my table and stood in front of my, placing her hands on the table. "You wouldn't let all of us hurt you? Would you? – Don't answer. It was one punch, I've punched people several times. We shove all you nerds into lockers. That's why I'm not in the background, you are. But let me warn you, you may be in the background, but you're certainly being observed." I looked at her and pushed up my glasses, "Is that so?" She sighed, "I think you already know my answer. Just accept it, you're annoying, Brittany. For a brainiac, I'd figure you'd be smarter. On the other hand, I don't despise you." I smiled at Santana and she gave me a small smile back. She headed back to her table and grabbed her things, she came over to me and leaned over my shoulder. "Detention is over. Congrats, you made it. See ya later Britt." She whispered in my ear as she patted my back and walked out of the room. Maybe some kids at this school aren't as bad as I thought.