5

-Santana POV-

When I walked into school this morning, I went to my locker as usual. Puckerman came over and asked me to come over later. I don't know what to say anymore, I'm not enjoying myself, but it's almost a needed feeling for me to be loved. I need a reminder that people like me and want to be with me.
"So what do you say, Lopez?" He asked. I stared at him blankly for a second to think. "Umm," I mumbled, "maybe some other day, I'm not feeling it today." He nodded and put a hand on my shoulder. "Okay, hope you get over whatever you're going through." Puck told me sincerely, which almost made me question if he really was Puck. But he also made me do some thinking. Was I going through something? Is that why I still go back to him every night? I got my books out of my locker and started walking to class. On my way there, I saw Brittany and she gave me the cutest smile. I smiled back at her and continued walking down the hall. Quinn came up to me and whispered, "So, it looks like Puckerman finally asked you on a date." She smiled. I tilted my head in confusion and shook my head. "Who told you that?" I asked her. Quinn dropped her smile and her eyes slightly widened. "I just thought because you looked so happy and your face was as red as a tomato." She told me. I felt my face, I guess it did feel pretty warm. Shit- this all happened when I saw Brittany in the hall. Her damn smile, that stupid smile. I looked up at Quinn, "Oh, i-it was just a cute boy. I saw a cute boy." She smiled at me and raised her eyebrow. "Hmm, maybe I'll have the pleasure of meeting this cute boy once." I nodded and smiled. "Sure thing, Q!"

-Brittany POV-
Today as I walked down the hall, I smiled at Santana and she returned a smile. I saw her face get red, maybe I actually have a chance. Santana is so complex, and it makes me want to keep reading her story. When I first met her, she was a girl in detention, the bad girl. She always wore her jacket and always had detention. Now I see her as a cheerio, forced to be bad. Or at least feels like she needs to hide the soft side of herself. Santana is a very interesting person, I swear it.
As I pull myself together to go talk to her, I see her talking to Quinn. Something about a cute boy. I look around to see any boy, just one boy that she'd possibly be thinking about. Then I spot a blonde boy with huge lips. Sam Evans. As Quinn leaves Santana's side, I approach her.
"So, Santana, rumor has it you have a crush on someone who's not Puckerman." I say, obviously shocking her. She nods, "How'd you know?" She asked. My eyes widened as I tried thinking of a practical excuse. "Word gets around, some people say they caught you smiling at Sam Evans this morning. They all know that's rare for you to act so nice to someone you barely know." Santana gives me a convincing smile. "Right! I remember that. Yes, it's true. I have developed feelings for Sam Evans." I gave the Latina a smile and hugged her. "Congratulations, hope you guys get together!" I quietly beamed at her as I walked away. Hearing those words slip out of her mouth made my heart sink. And it continues to sink and sink, but it won't stop. It's my fault, I asked her that stupid question.

-Sam POV-
By lunch period, I've already heard whispers with my name. I'm not sure what for, but I didn't want to get involved. Drama is not my thing, although, it should be. Glee club always has something going on in it. I sat down and unwrapped my pb&j sandwich and starting to munch on it. I saw a hand glide across my back and down to my hand. I looked up and saw Santana. I opened my mouth about to talk. Well, that was before she started to. "Trouty Mouth, we may not be as close as we once were, but I need you. You're one of the greatest people I know and I want to be with you." She said. I looked at her hesitatingly. I loved Mercedes, I couldn't stop fighting for her. "Santana, I like Mercedes." I told her as light as I could. She smirked at me, clearly showing she had an idea. "Sam," she started saying, "I like someone else too. But I have an idea for both of us. To get their attention, we have to be the 'it' couple and they'll see what they're missing out on and how much they need us. It's just a fake relationship, no strings attached." I nodded, the idea wasn't actually that bad. "Who do you like?" I asked Santana. She scratched the back of her head, "Puckerman." She responded. She was lying. Everyone knew they were already hooking up. Also, scratching your neck is a great indicator for lying or her nerves when it comes to Santana. I smiled at her and gripped her hand. "I'm in."
///
The next day at school, I walked in and saw Santana glance at Brittany who sent a smile towards Santana. Santana quickly smiled back and rushed over to me as I planted a kiss on her cheek. She pretended to giggle as Brittany walked away. Santana sighed in relief as she left out of sight. The funny thing is, the same situation happened yesterday when I bumped into Mercedes. Which makes me wonder. Does Santana have feelings for Brittany?