4

-Santana POV-

That morning I walked into school and when I saw Brittany, I sprinted to her. I took a piece of paper out of my backpack and smiled. "Look!" I screeched. "I got an 80!" I pointed at the grade on my math test. She smiled and gave me a hug in excitement. My cheeks turned red as I felt her arms wrap around me. "Good job, San!" She exclaimed. "Just a few more weeks and I think you'll be good to go. Then you won't have to see me everyday anymore." She told me. My heart dropped and my smile faded. I nodded, "Yep." She shrugged. "I'll see you at lunch then." As she started to walk away, I pulled her back by her hand and sighed. "Even when you do stop tutoring me, do we have to stop being friends?" I asked. She shook her head, "That's not what I meant, Santana. I just didn't know if you'd still want to hang out." She told me. I smiled at her and giggled. "Of course I'd love to still hang out with you." Brittany smiled at me and walked away with a way. I watched her walk away with a smile as I leaned up against my locker with a sign. "Lopez," I heard a voice say. I turned to see Puckerman. "What do you want?" I asked. "I think you already know. My house tonight?" He asked. I nodded as he walked away, I didn't feel anything anymore. My heart didn't rush, my face didn't get warm, I didn't want his constant attention. I didn't love him. I didn't want to.

-Brittany POV-

I felt my eyes drift off in social studies as we watched a short documentary. I couldn't stop myself from thinking of Santana. She was just so perfect. Everything about her made me want to be by her instead of being in this class. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes all made me melt inside. If only Santana wasn't always with Noah. Stupid Noah. It's not like he even loved her. Did she love him? Is she straight? I have so many questions about her. Only a few weeks until our friendship would end. I'm sure that after she's done being tutored, she'll drop me. I'm sure of it. If only she was straight. I could just imagine her taking me on a date, we'd go to a restaurant and enjoy a walk on the beach. Then she'd lean in and— "Brittany!" A voice said. I turned back to see Tina. "Pay attention before you get in trouble!" She demanded. I sighed and looked back up to the documentary.

-Santana POV-

At lunch, I headed to the library and saw Brittany. I smiled instantly and sat down next to her. "Let's learn!" I said. She laughed and smiled as she handed me a new math book. "I think it's finally time to move onto some new materials." She said with a smile. My smile faded back into the reality of math. She laughed at me and shook her head, "I'll take you out for dinner once if you get a B on your next test." Brittany promised. She stuck out her pinky and I intertwined it with mine. "Deal."