Chapter 3: A Letter To The Princess

Sunset Shimmer threw a bunch of boxes all over her lounge room floor. Actually, there wasn't a lot, because her house was small. It was all that she could afford, being only eighteen years old. It was so weird, becoming a princess at eighteen . . . But Twilight Sparkle had earned her wings when she was even younger than that - sixteen!

"Hmmmm . . ." Sunset mumbled thoughtfully. "Ahh!" She walked into another room to grab one more box and then placed it down beside the others. "Perfect!"

She had packed some food from her kitchen, a few small pieces of furniture that would be suitable for a pony as well as her human self, her sheets, blankets and duvet off her bed, and a few other items that were important. She was forced to leave behind her mobile phone, television, and other electronic devices that ponies in Equestria didn't own. She would get strange looks for having those things, and she was already going to receive enough attention for being the next Princess of the Sun.

Finally, she was finished.

"I sure hope that Rarity can sell this place," Sunset murmured, looking around one last time. She decided that she would just have to buy anything else that she needed in Equestria, like a bed, lighting, and a refrigerator to keep her food cold. Her luggage was rather small so it would be quite easy to move the following morning. The last thing that she had to do was tell Princess Twilight that she was coming.

Sunset dug through her desk and eventually found the magical book that she used to communicate with her royal friend. She got her pen ready and started to write on an empty page . . . which happened to be the last empty page. But she wouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

Dear Princess Twilight,
I have decided to accept your offer and return to Equestria to rule by your side as Princess of the Sun. I am looking forwards to it, despite being nervous for the challenges ahead. I will travel through the portal tomorrow morning, just before it disappears, so that I can have one last day here in the human world. I hope that you might have a place for me to stay until I find my own house, because I don't have any money in Equestrian currency. Are we going to live in a palace together like Princess Celestia and Princess Luna? That's just one of my many questions, but they can all wait until I get there. See you soon.
Sincerely,
Sunset Shimmer ☀️✨