Chapter 4: Excited by the News

Twilight Sparkle was sitting on her couch in one of the many rooms inside her castle, reading a book. She loved reading books; in fact, she owned an entire library. It was her most favourite activity . . . other than helping ponies with friendship problems, of course. But soon she wouldn't be doing that anymore - she would be helping young ones defeat their nightmares instead.

Twilight sighed quietly to herself. She honestly wasn't sure how she felt about becoming the Princess of the Moon in Luna's place. It seemed like such an enormous task. Besides, she was certain that her subjects wouldn't want her to leave her role as the Princess of Friendship.

Suddenly, she heard a faint buzzing noise that seemed to be coming from her bookshelf. She recognized that sound and instantly became excited, knowing that it must be Sunset Shimmer. She's either telling me that she's coming or isn't, Twilight thought. She hoped that it was the first one, because she would rather do this with Sunset than anyone else.

Her violet eyes scanning the lounge room, she looked around for her perky dragon assistant. "SPIKE!!!! Do you know where my communication book is?!"

"Don't worry, Twilight! It's right here," Spike answered as he scampered over to Twilight on small purple paws. He was clutching a glowing, buzzing book, identical to the one that Sunset had with her in the human world.

"Thank you, Spike," Twilight neighed gratefully. "I think that Sunset Shimmer is trying to get in contact with me." Her horn suddenly lit up with a sparkling, magenta aura. So did the book, which was already glowing enough. Twilight used her magical telekinetic ability to grab the book from Spike. She opened it up to read the new message that was written in purple ink on the final empty page. After reading it, her violet eyes widened in shock and happiness. "Sunset Shimmer is coming back to Equestria!" She yelled, immediately stretching out her wings and flying into the air happily as Spike watched.

"Really? When?" The little drake asked, growing excited by the news as well.

"Tomorrow!" Twilight replied with a smile, descending towards the floor again. "I'm going to set up a room for her to stay here."

"Okay," replied Spike. "Do you need me to get anything from the market for her arrival?"

"Hmmmm . . . No." Twilight said thoughtfully. There was a moment of silence as she continued to ponder while Spike waited. "No," she repeated, her grin reappearing as she landed on all four hooves beside him. "I don't think we need anything, Spike. We just need to welcome her with open hooves!"