Chapter 7: Dinner Time

It was time for dinner.

Sunset Shimmer searched through her new wardrobe. It was packed with the most beautiful and royal-looking clothing, mostly dresses designed by the pony version of Rarity Belle. She couldn't believe that she now had so much luxury. She couldn't believe that Twilight Sparkle had this much luxury! But she would have to get used to it, since she was a princess now.

What should I wear? Sunset thought to herself. She hadn't worn a dress in pony form for so many years, and was a little overwhelmed by all the colourful garments in her closet, so she didn't know which one to put on. Besides, they were all equally exquisite.

It took her a while, but she finally selected an old-fashioned gown with a bright orange bow at the back. It was a specially designed unicorn and/or alicorn dress, since it included wing-holes, which she slipped her wings through. Standing in front of the (ordinary) mirror to look at her reflection, she smiled at how pretty the dress looked on her. Next, she had to do something with her hair. Using her telekinetic magic for the first time since she had arrived back in Equestria, she twisted her red and golden mane into a high 'pony'tail. Once she was finished, she looked back into the mirror and extended her wings slightly. Hmm, she thought. It's missing something . . .

Sunset looked over at her nightstand, where the small golden tiara sat. She smiled, remembering what Twilight had told her earlier, and picking the object up with the help of her horn. She proceeded to levitate it towards her own head, placing it there while watching herself in the mirror. The crown suited her perfectly. In fact, it suited her more than it suited Twilight.

Sunset was happy with her princess-like appearance, so she exited her bedroom

Sunset was happy with her princess-like appearance, so she exited her bedroom. She began her long walk through the shimmering castle corridors. Her nostrils twitched - she could catch a whiff of something delicious coming from the kitchen. This, she decided, would somewhat help her to navigate her way into the dining-room. The castle was huge, and she had no idea how to get there on her own.

Eventually, Sunset stepped inside a very large dining-room. There was a gigantic table in the middle of the room that had clearly and recently been polished. A purple unicorn that Sunset didn't recognize was setting up for dinner, using her own telekinesis to levitate cutlery from the kitchen and put plates down.

Sunset could also see an orange stallion with a spiked electric-blue mane and tail, who had his back - well, butt - towards her

Sunset could also see an orange stallion with a spiked electric-blue mane and tail, who had his back - well, butt - towards her. He was deep in conversation with Twilight, who was smiling and giggling like a filly. Then Twilight turned around and noticed Sunset standing awkwardly in the doorway. A smile appeared on her face as she whispered something to the stallion, who then walked over to the purple unicorn. They both left the room, Sunset assumed to check if the food was ready.

Twilight approached Sunset, still wearing her warm smile. "Sunset, you made it, and that's a really pretty dress you're wearing!"

"Thank you," replied Sunset, trying not to feel nervous. "Um, who were they?" She added curiously, meaning the pegasus and the unicorn.

"One is my student, who you will meet soon," Twilight explained, "and the other was my . . ." She began to blush, ". . . my very special somepony."

Sunset was confused for a moment, but then it clicked in her mind. A very special somepony was a word that ponies used for a boyfriend or girlfriend. Sunset had always called them coltfriends, fillyfriends, or mates, but she had lived in Canterlot, and they were in Ponyville now.

"Congratulations, Twilight!" She whinnied.

A/N: Aww, Twilight has a very special somepony! 😇

I'm sure that you can guess who it is. 😉