Chapter Eight

The ocean felt cold. 

Like the life had been completely sucked out of it and all was left was dark, emptiness. Ariel felt dark. 

She swan as fast as she could, a few fish surrounded her as she did. She saw the outline of Atlanta, but it no longer had that calming feeling to it, mermaids running away from the city.  Many screaming as lights of power shot of and turned them into small little creatures that Ursula kept in her little cave. Her sister's laugh ran through the kingdom, making the mermaids that were still in Atlanta hide as quickly as possible. 

Ariel finally came close enough to see what was actually going on. There was Ursula and Morgana, Ursula with the trident and Morgana with the crown, standing over her family. Her sisters and father were all unconscious laying on the fall of the palace, a place that Ariel had always felt safe. 

"Ursula! Morgana!" Ariel shouted, putting a brave face on as she couldn't let them see how she truly felt, how she scared she truly was. The two sea witches whirled round to see the little mermaid. 

Ursula laughed loudly, "Ariel!" She replied sarcastically.  Mocking the younger mermaid. "Nice of you to join us princess." She mocked. 

Ariel's tale felt like seaweed as she raced forward to the two larger sea-witches. Their tentacles sending tsunami type waves in Ariel's direction, stopping her from rushing forward. The only sound in Ariel's ears is the crackling laughter of the two siblings. Deafening the mermaid. She heard nothing else, her anger and sadness powering her determination to go forward. 

A surge of power erupted out of Ariel knocking the trident out of Ursula's hand, the two witches were too shocked for a moment to realize that Ariel was about to grab the trident. "No!" Ursula screamed as Ariel grabbed the trident and a surge of white blinding light as soon as she touched it, shrinking Ursula and Morgana. Knocking out Ariel. 

It had been a painfully long week for the kingdom of Atlanta, Their princess their savior had been unconsciousness for a week

It had been a painfully long week for the kingdom of Atlanta, Their princess their savior had been unconsciousness for a week. On land the Cullen's had began to think the worse. Everyone had begun to think the worse. Mermaids don't get hurt like this, and if they did she shouldn't be breathing. 

Morgana and Ursula had died and the princess was asleep. Nobody knew what happened. How could they, the only people who truly knew were Ursula, Morgana and Ariel, but how could they? They were all dead, or nearly dead. 

Ariel's eyes had begun to flutter open, and anticipation flooded through the kingdom. Why was she glowing?