Chapter 6

(Click to see all outfits)

I honked my horn again looking impatiently at Jordan's house. I pushed my head back and honked again. I saw the front door swing open revealing Jordan "Finally!" I yelled to him as he ran down the driveway, his backpack beating against him. "Sorry Wind. Late morning."
"Well make it a early one."
I put the car into gear and drove down the urban streets. Jordan dug through his back pack nervously. "Jordan, it's just the first day, you are faced with death every time you pick up that head set and you're never nervous, why are you nervous now?" He sighed, "Just haven't been back for a bit."
"Only for three months." I mumbled.
"When are you getting your car back?" I asked him
"Two more months. I only missed curfew once, once! And it was for a good reason too." Jordan responded
"A good reason they don't know about."
"True. Thanks for bringing me."
"Like I had a choice." I said as we pulled into the parking lot. I watched Bud pull up behind me and check his phone. He pushed the door open revealing a black leather jacket and worn out jeans. I looked at my outfit fixing it. Jordan had already ran ahead with his white button up shirt which was not buttoned flapping. "Lucy's already here." Bud said pulling me from my thoughts. We walked up to the swarming school. I put my shoulder against Bud hoping he would be a anchor against all these irresponsible teenagers. I heard a large clap from behind me I turned quickly around and only saw the football players being stupid jocks. There were many of them. Our school like most others had separate kinds of people, the jocks, the populars, the quiet kids, the wanna be populars, the AC/DC rockstar kids, the nerds, the yearbook people, the mysterious ones, the poets, the ones who lived for drama, and many others. Team Raven didn't fit any of these, fully at least. There was a part of us that could go into each group, but not all. I was interrupted of my thoughts when I felt the presence Bud's shoulder dissolve. I stopped walking and looked around for him, I felt a push from behind and found my footing, turning around I saw Savannah Carter. The head popular at Eastern Raven High. She yelped when the other popular following behind her bumped into her I chuckled "Watch where you're going Flick." She told me, my hostile side pushed itself into my mouth, "You wanna go Secretariat?" Savannah was from the Secretariat Agency, rivals with Flick Agency. "Not so loud, Flick." She said lowering her voice "Oh you want me be louder Secretariat! Let's go scream it from the rooftop!" I said yelling to where heads turned and gazed at us the crowd got quite watching what would happen next. I could see Jordan and Bud pushing through the crowd out of the corner of my eyes. I felt someone grab my arm and whisper in my ear, "Wind cmon."
"No." I whispered as I saw Luke Carma run up behind Savannah grabbing her arm he whispered in her ear she looked back at him confused but excited. She nodded her head at me and straightened her crop top. I stepped to the side as they barged through the crowd. I looked at Jordan who was still holding my arm. He pulled me away and through the crowd going away from it. The students started talking again after Jordan pulled me behind a wall, " Why? Wind, Why? Secrets are secrets wether they're yours or not!" He said in a low tone his hands pushing my arms against the wall, "Fine, I'm sorry Jordan." I said struggling to get out of his grip. He held me there a second longer then said, "You know Josh already knows about this. He'll have a stern talking to you."
"Boohoo." I said as he let go of me I pushed him off me and smiled as the bell rung above us. "Race ya!" I yelled to him sprinting down the walkway pushing through people, I didn't know how long behind Jordan was but I was winning. I pushed my way in between the doors and stopped inside the school looking for Jordan in the crowd. There he was. He just came in looking for me. I moved quickly around behind him as he made his way through the swarm towards the hall, I hopped onto his back my arms wrapping away his neck, his hands moved grabbing my legs. "I beat you." I said to him as he laughed. He carried me down to his locker which was fortunately right across from mine. I dropped from his back and went over to my locker and grabbed my books, yesterday we came add dropped our stuff off, yeah that's what our school does. I turned around and looked at Jordan waiting for him to feel my gaze, he turned his head away from his locker I waved to him and started walking away. He nodded his head at me as I turned down the hallway towards my first class.