PruCan: Dissolved Nation

(Thanks FandomCandy for this idea)
AU where fallen nations become human and lose their memories

Gilbert checked the clock as he waited for his boss to finish talking. He had been stuck in a meeting at Mint Bunny Co. for the past 3 hours. Gilbert gathered his stuff and started to walk through the streets of Berlin. He had fun talking to locals, exploring the shops, and playing with the dogs that were down in the center. Today was supposed to be a normal day. Gilbert started off with going down to Starbucks. He had heard that the Pumpkin Spice lattes were back.

As Gilbert entered Starbucks, The line was fairly short. As time went on, The line got a lot longer. Gilbert didn't want to spend any extra time in there, so he grabbed his drink and rushed out the door. He bumped into a handsome blonde man with stunning violet eyes. Gilbert recognized those eyes somewhere deep inside of him, but shrugged it off and started walking, only to be ran after by the same blonde. The blonde was screaming his name, and it scared Gilbert.

After a few blocks, The blonde man finally caught up to Gilbert and pushed him against the wall, scaring him. Another blonde of the similar features quickly arrived, muttering French as he caught up to the blonde. Gilbert didn't know how he knew it was French, his gut just told him he was awesome enough to know.

"Prussia, it's me. Stop running!" The blonde sounded furious with him, but who was Prussia? Gilbert was shaking, as the first blonde's words were merging with the French.

"Matthew, you need to calm down," the other blonde stated. 'Matthew' looked over at the other blonde, on the verge of tears. He turned back around to look at Gilbert...

But he was gone. He had slipped through Matthew's fingers again. Matthew scoped around with Francis by his side. He ran across the street, almost getting hit by a car, but he was desperate to find his love. His Gilbear. Matthew dashed around the park, one of Gilbert's favorites before Matthew was too late to save him. Matthew scoped out the park, desperate and needy. He wanted Gil to hold again. He wanted Gil to kiss again. He wanted Gil to love again.

After about 30 minutes, Matthew finally found Gilbert sitting under their favorite oak tree, playing on his phone like nothing had happened about an hour ago. Matthew sat next to Gilbert, frightening the Albino. Gilbert started to shuffle away before Matthew spoke up, "You don't remember, do you?"

Gilbert was taken aback. What was he supposed to remember? Was there some secret meeting he was invited to? Was it someone's birthday? Gilbert shook his head, speaking a small 'no' in the process. Gilbert thought he had taken it well, until he saw Matthew begin to cry.

Gilbert panicked. He quickly grabbed his handkerchief and started to dab away at Matthew's tears. As Gilbert was helping Matthew calm down, Francis came running up, panting and cursing. "Bonjour, sir. I am Francis and I am terribly sorry about mon petit Matthew here. He is quite the troublemaker sometimes," Francis explained. Gilbert curtly nodded.

After exchanging a few words, Gilbert excused himself to get back home. Matthew nodded trying to keep in his tears. Francis waved goodbye, Helping Matthew to get back home again. On the way home, Gilbert wondered if he'd ever see the blondes again. Matthew and Francis were a different story.

The entire ride back to the hotel was full of cries, sobs, and screams. They scared the poor limo driver multiple times. As they arrive at the meeting 30 minutes late, everyone stares at the sobbing Canadian and concerned Frenchman. Ludwig is the first to move forward, "What is this commotion about?"

Matthew sobs harder as Francis takes a step forward, "Your brother..." This is all it takes for Ludwig to understand. They sit down and the meeting begins. But Matthew is distracted

The only thing Matthew can think about is the loss of his beloved albino boyfriend. Forever.