Two

(a/n bold text means it said in English)

JIYOO's POV

"I failed again. What should I do," I heard Haneul, my bestie, whine again for the i-don't-know-how-many times.

"You'll be fine, just one subject will not make you dropped out the school, okay?" I replied lazily. It's not that I don't care about her. It's just it's been 3 hours but she still talks about that.

"Yes. Yes. Miss Han Jiyoo who never failed in any exam and always perfect at everything she does." She pouts. I just smiled and pat her head lightly.

Haneul and I have been friend since middle school. Haneul was my first friend when I first moved to Seoul from New Zealand. We're neighbor and because of my busy parents, I've always been taken care by Haneul's family. Haneul and I were the only child of our family. We just naturally become closer like a real siblings. We know each other secrets and never hide anything from each other.

I was just arrived at home after my class at 5 p.m. and trying to lay down on my bed when Haneul barged into my room and asked me to come with her just to listen her whining about her grade and her annoying professor. And so here we are at Han River.

We sit on the bench near the river. There's not so many people since it's a week day. Not far from where we sit, there's a basketball court and a few boys are playing there. Nothing much to see actually. 

Haneul brought so many snacks. That's how she is when stressed over something. I always joke about her getting fat because ate too much snacks. But she never minds it.

After a while, we ran out drinks and Haneul offers to buy a new one. I said I want a coffee and there she left me on the bench to go to the convention store not far from there. I tried to collect the garbage that we made and put it on a plastic bag until I found that little thing on the ground. I took it.

It is a key chain

It is a key chain. A guitar key chain with initials on it. KYH&PJN. Is it couple key chain?It's cute tho. I giggling by myself. Okay, that's not important right now. I searched whoever might be dropped this key chain. I saw no one but a man in black t-shirt and a cap who just passed by not too long ago while I collect the garbage. I hesitant a little, but there's no one here that passed by me beside that man.

Whatever. I ran into him before he got too far away.

"Excuse me," I called him. He turns back and look at me. He wears a mask. It took me a surprised despite I can't see his face, he has such beautiful eyes. "I believe it's yours? It dropped over there," I said as I show him the key chain.

He looked surprised? Hesitated? Hurt? I can't read his expression well since his face is covered with the mask but, I don't know why but for a moment I saw his eyes teary. He doesn't respond for a few seconds so I snap my finger in front of his face.

"Hello? Is this yours?"

He looked at me for a while, "you can take that." He said with a really low voice and turn his back from me.

"Wait! But I can't just take it." I grabbed his hand and try to put the key chain on his palm, which he shrugged immediately.

"Just throw it away then," Again he turn his back at me and walks away.

"But—"

"JUST THROW IT AWAY, OKAY!?"

I was taken aback when he suddenly shout at me like that. That moment I saw his eyes full of anger, sadness, and I don't know how to describe it. He just looked so sad and scary. I was too shock to say any words. Maybe he realized that, he try to calm himself and sighed.

"Sorry," he said then walks away again.

I was still freeze on my place until I got my consciousness back and try to chase him.

"Hey, wait!" he doesn't listen and just speed up his steps. I lose my temper and without realized it, I throw that key chain to him and it landed on his head. "YAH!"

He stopped for a while and look back at me. He doesn't even try to take that key chain.

I took the key chain that I landed on the ground. "Hey, I don't know what's your problem, but I'm not gonna take it. Here." Again I try to put the key chain on his palm. And there's that sad eyes again. He just stood there and not saying anything. It looks like that key chain was something important for him or what. Looking from the initials on the key chain, it maybe his name and his girlfriend—or maybe ex-girlfriend. Well it's not my business. But he keeps silent. Maybe I should just go before he says something again.

"I don't need it anymore," he finally say something. And again, he try to give it to me, but before he did that, I take a step back and look at him. I don't know why but my face getting hot and I felt the anger took over me.

"Then throw it away." I say it without thinking, I curse in my mind. But I just can't keep my mouth shut, 'cause his attitude is just frustrating me. "Just throw it away."

"That's why I give it to you, so you can thro—" he said, but before he can say more, I cut off his words.

"By yourself. Throw it away by yourself." He looks at me, confused. I took a deep breath. I can't hold it back anymore, "I don't know what's your problem with that thing and why you hated it so much. But from what I see, it's meaningful for you right? Or maybe you have some bad memories with it. But again I don't know and I don't even wanna know. Whatever it is, that's yours. If you give it to others and told them to throw it away, does it make your heart feels relieved? No, right? If you think that by give it to others or throw it away can make your bad memories disappear, then just do it by yourself. You throw it yourself it means that you are moving one step. But even if you cannot throw it away, it's okay. No one will blame or hate you for that. At some point that thing, your memories, were very meaningful for you, right? There's nothing wrong with keeping it. Throw it or keep it, your choice. But don't throw your responsibilities to others. The one who can solve ones problem is themselves."

With every words being said, my anger keeps on increasing. But then I let out a deep sigh, "sorry, I don't know if you understand or not. But anyway, just take it back."

After said that words, I turn my back at him and walks away, leaving him frozen with his stupid key chain. 

---

End of part two. yeah. I appreciate every comments :) Next part will be added soon.