No Need to Lie

Kano shifted his hands behind his head as he sat on the couch in the Mekakushi Dan base, Kano was ordered by Kido to watch over it while everyone else was on a mission. Kano stood up and wandered around their base until he found it too boring and lied down on the couch. After a few minutes (More like half an hour), his eyelids grew heavy and he fell asleep.

-------- Dream --------

The water was stained red from the cuts all over Kano's body, his father slid the blade across his own child's soft skin. It stung. Kano's eyes were full of tears and he attempted to pull his arm away, but his father's grip was too much. The bruises left on his wrists were painful to the touch as he wiped the tears from his eyes with his free, painful arm.

"Daddy! Stop it! That hurts!" A young Kano called out, his father didn't seem to listen. Soon, his father stood up and placed the blade on the counter and left the room, not a single word leaving his mouth. As soon as he left, the sound of a lock shutting filled his ears. Kano attempted to lift himself out of the water, but the pain was too much and he fell back in to the bloody waters of the bath. Kano gave up and allowed himself to drown in the blood stained water.

-------- End --------

Kano awoke and sat up quickly, he didn't want to finish the dream. He knew what would happen, the snake would talk him into gaining his power of deceiving others. Tears fell down his cheeks into his hands, stinging his cheeks. The door opened and Seto peeked his head around the corner, Kano quickly used his eye power to hide his true feelings and the scars covering his body.

"Hey there Kano, I came back early to check up on you. Are you alright?" Seto asked as he walked towards Kano, Seto knew how Kano really felt but never knew the reason why. Whenever Kano was left alone, Seto would check up on him. Kano smiled a fake smile and nodded. Seto wasn't buying it. "Do you want me to use my eye power, Kano? Tell me." Seto demanded.

"I had a bad dream, that's all." Kano was still using his power, but just to cover the scars this time. Seto hugged Kano when he saw the tears on his face.

"Tell me about it." Seto wanted to hear what the dream was about.

"I'd rather you search my head for it." Kano looked at the floor and tried to clear any bad (perverted) thoughts out of his head before Seto could look in there. Seto's eyes turned a bright shade of red and he looked into Kano's eyes. A few minutes later, Kano was surprised when Seto's eyes turned back and he was suddenly held close. Kano's face tinted red from the sudden contact.

"Is that really what happened, Kano?" Seto asked, still holding Kano close to himself. Seto felt Kano nod against him, rubbing his face against the base of Seto's neck. "It's ok, Kano. You can tell me anything, you know?" Seto pulled away to look Kano in the face, Kano nodded and look at the floor in front of him.

What happened next shocked Kano.

(A/N: You have to wait until the next chapter to find out what happens >:) ............... JK! NOW!)

Seto had kissed the top of Kano's head, Kano's face was as red as a tomato. Oh god, I thought about liking Seto. Now he knows and doesn't like me. Kano hid his face in his hands and dropped his gaze to the floor. Seto chuckled and lifted Kano's chin, staring into his eyes with a goofy grin on his face.

"W-What's with that look?" Kano stuttered, his face still red. Kano was surprised by Seto's lips touching his gently, but almost immediately pulled away. The door had opened and Kido walked in with the rest of the Mekakushi Dan behind her, Kano nearly jumped out of his skin and used his eye power - deceiving others. Without turniing around, Seto knew who had opened the door and he quickly winked at Kano.

"Why does the Idiot look like a tomato?" Kido asked as she wandered to the kitchen, Kano's face was burning.

"He had a dream apparently, I wanted to hear about it and he got all flustered and stuff." Seto laughed and Kano's eyes widened from embarrassment and he smacked Seto upside the head. Momo was on the ground laughing at what she just heard and Kano creeped over a corner and sat in it.

"I'm just going to go die now." Kano muttered and Seto walked up behind him and whispered in his ear 'It's alright, I didn't want them to figure out about us' and pat him on the head before joining the others. About... Us? Does he like me too? Are we dating now?! Kano had so many questions in his head at the moment. After the Mekakushi Dan finishsed eating their dinner and were all doing their own thing, Kano approached Seto.

"Oi, Seto. About what you said earlier, are we dating now?" Kano asked with a slight blush painted on his face, Seto nodded and smiled a his new 'boyfriend'. "Uhh, then do you want to go on a kind of date tomorrow?" Kano asked nervously.