First Date

Kano couldn't sleep that night, it would be his first date. He was thinking of what to do with Seto tomorrow, movies? No. Dinner? No. Amusement park? Maybe, was there anything else they could do? The problem was if they were caught by other members of the Mekakushi Dan, especially if Kido caught them. Shivers ran down Kano's back when he thought what she would do to him if she found out. It took Kano another half hour to finally fall asleep, he had another dream.

-------- Dream --------

The darkness surrounded Kano, he looked around to see if there was any sign of life. Nothing but darkness. Kano sat on the ground and hugged his legs to his chest, alone again. Suddenly, he heard a sweet, familiar voice calling his name. Seto? Kano thought as he quickly stood up and looked around, Seto was nowhere in sight. Kano couldn't tell which direction the voice was coming from, so he started to run in a random direction. Seto's voice started to sound panicked, Kano quickened his pace and hoped he was running towards the boy he truly loved. There was an ear piercing scream, then utter silence. Tears filled Kano's eyes as he attempted to shout out Seto's name, but no sounds came out. The silence was deafening, Kano was crouched on the ground with tears flowing down his face. Kano took his hands away from his face to look at the wounds on them when a drop of red liquid dripped on to his palm, he looked up to see Seto with his eyes gouged out and limbs removed reaching out to him. Kano's eyes widened in horror as the partially removed mouth formed the words 'come with me, Kano'. Kano was frozen in fear as Seto touched his face, suddenly Seto grabbed Kano and ripped his throat out. Kano was left there to watch as the blank world disappeared from sight.

-------- End --------

Kano sat up in fear, eyes filling with tears once again. A familiar hand touched his shoulder, Kano's eyes widened as he slowly turned his head to look at the person who was touching him. Seto. The dark haired boy had a worried expression on his face.

"Are you alright? You seemed to be having a nightmare." Seto held Kano's head to his chest, Kano could hear the soothing sound of Seto's heartbeat. Kano nodded and wrapped his arms around Seto's waist. The taller boy's body tensed up at the sudden touch, but slowly relaxed the longer they held each other close. Today Marry would be watching over the base while the rest went on a mission, except for Kano and Seto of course. Seto had asked Kido kindly if they could be left out of today's mission, she kindly agreed since it was the gentle Seto asking. Everyone had already left, leaving Marry, Seto, and Kano in the Mekakushi Dan base. Seto pulled the blonde up off his bed and into his arms. "C'mon Kano, you promised me a date, remember?" Seto smiled at his boyfriend with his goofy grin. Kano wrapped his legs around Seto's waist and kissed him gently on the lips.

"Alright then, put me down and I'll get dressed." Kano chuckled and placed his feet on the ground and slid his pajama shirt over his head, revealing a firm, not too muscular abdomen. Seto smirked and sat on Kano's soft bed. "Are you going to watch me get dressed?" Kano looked away with a small blush on his face. Seto nodded and gave Kano a seductive look. "Oh c'mon. It's our first date, you don't get to see me naked yet." Kano scowled at Seto and pulled his regular, light beige shirt over his head of messy blonde hair. Seto almost sulked out of the room and sat on the couch to wait for Kano. Marry appeared from in the kitchen holding a tray with some tea on it.

"Good morning, Seto!" She smiled a warm smile as she set the tea down on the coffee table. "I thought you'd sleep in since you asked the day off?" She tilted her head of pale blonde hair to the side as she looked at Seto questioningly.

"Ah, Kano and I were going to go out and relax for a bit." Seto grinned at Marry and she looked back with the same look on her face, but her head was tilted to the other side. "We're hanging out today. No work, no missions, just relaxing." Seto got a little annoyed with how oblivious she could be. Just then, Kano came bursting out of his room and into the living room. His cat-like eyes were nearly sparkling in excitement.

"Alright, Seto. Let's go!" Kano exclaimed enthusiastically. He grabbed his shoes and slid them on to his feet and waited for Seto. Kano immediately calmed down when he exited the building and began walking beside Seto. A smile was still on his face. "I thought it would be nice to let you pick what we do today." Kano suggested, one thought came to Seto's mind and a blush creeped across his face. "No! Not that yet! Please!" Kano almost jokingly shouted when he saw the blush on Seto's face. Both the boys burst out laughing as they continued to walk down the street.

"Well, how about we walk in the park, huh?" Seto smiled and adjusted his hair around the clip. Kano nodded and gripped Seto's hand, making the taller boy blush. They both walked to the peaceful park in the noisy city and walked by the fountains, the scenery was beautiful and it was only the two of them in the park. Seto took the opportunity to kiss his boyfriend, he bent down and pressed his lips against Kano's. The shorter blonde parted his lips to allow Seto to push his tongue into his mouth. When they parted lips, Kano shyly wiped his mouth of the leftover saliva.

"We should go home if we want to get there by dark." Kano sighed and held on to Seto's hand as they began to walk away. Someone had been watching from the bushes, someone who lied about having a mission that day. Someone with concealing abilities.

_______

That's how I shall end it for now! o/