X. PUNS AND PUMMELINGS

RICHIE TOZIER HAD ENOUGH of the clown bullshit, the sewer bullshit and the looking for missing kids bullshit

RICHIE TOZIER HAD ENOUGH of the clown bullshit, the sewer bullshit and the looking for missing kids bullshit. He was finally putting his foot down. There would be no more fuckery. It was summer and he and his friends were going to do fun, normal kid stuff even if it killed them.

Bill had suggested the group get together at his house and further discuss whatever entity was after them. To that Richie had said "Absolutely fucking not." If something was hell bent on killing them, Richie wanted to at least maintain some sense of normality before he was eaten by a clown.

Winnie had spent the day at Beverly's house, so Richie and the boys met with them there. They sat on their bikes at the bottom of the stairway,  listening to Eddie complain about how sticky the Derry theater's floors were until the two girls finally came outside.

          Beverly was the first to appear and Bill and Ben both looked at her with those awestruck expressions they had anytime she did something so much as breathe. Richie was about to roll his eyes at them until he saw Winnie coming down the stairs and his jaw dropped.

          Her hair was curled and she had a touch of makeup on, including red lipstick. She was fidgeting with the buttons on her red flannel shirt when she noticed Richie staring at her and looked up to ask, "What? Do I look dumb? I knew I'd look d-"

"No!" Richie said quickly, "You look fine. You look good."

Winnie smiled and tucked a stray blonde curl behind her ear.

"W-we should go or we're gonna be l-late." Bill said, managing to pry his eyes away from Beverly

The group took off on their bikes, with Winnie and Richie riding beside each other in the back. Richie couldn't stop glancing over at her.

"Richie, you're being weird." Winnie teased

"I'm not being weird, you're being weird." Richie said defensively just seconds before he ran his bike into a tree

The losers stopped to wait for Richie and Winnie hopped off of her bike to help him. "Are you okay?" She asked, she smirked and added, "Or should I say, are you oaky?" She began to laugh so hard at her own pun she had to sit down. "Get it?" She said when no one but Beverly and Richie laughed, "Because you hit a tree?"

"We get it. It's just not funny." Stan informed her. Winnie stopped laughing and narrowed her eyes at him but he quickly flashed her a grin to let her know he was kidding

"Let's make like a tree and leaf." Richie added as he and Winnie got back on their bikes

The losers groaned and Ben said, "All in favor of kicking Winnie and Richie out of the losers club for their lame puns say 'I.'"