Confession

Reyna woke to thin rays of light streaming through the window. It took her a moment to recognize where she was but more importantly there was a figure standing in the doorway. Blinking sleep from her eyes she noticed it was Piper.

"Jason says he made breakfast. Just thought you should know." Piper shifted awkwardly, her eyes observing the situation with a keen intensity. Reyna didn't realize why at first until she registered the form clinging to her own.

Thalia had her legs tangled with hers, the sheets askew, with her head resting lightly on Reyna's shoulder while Reyna's hand had settled on the slight curve of her waist.

"No need to hurry. Take your time." Piper's slight surprise turned into an amused expression. Reyna said nothing as the girl headed down the hall. She knew plenty well that rushing Thalia awake was a horrible idea. The girl could turn into a grizzly bear. For instance the time they'd had a sleepover and Jason woke her up early. Little Reyna was pretty sure she had a grizzly bear for a friend.

Instead, Reyna sighed and closed her eyes again relaxing in the slight warmth of morning light. Thalia stirred slightly and Reyna knew it wouldn't be long until she was awake as well. She absentmindedly played with the tousled strands of Thalia's hair. She remembered when it was longer, not by much, and she used to make ridiculous hairstyles with it. Thalia had always loved it when people played with her hair, she was very much like a cat in that regard.

"Is it morning?" Thalia groaned her voice raspy from sleep. Reyna laughed and opened her eyes to study her friend who'd only now started disentangling their limbs.

"Yes, the sun's up." Reyna pointed out. Thalia nodded and stood stretching her arms above her head.

"You can borrow some clothes again if you want." She offered already looking through her closet. "Here. You'd look killer in this."

Thalia tossed her a tattered pair of jeans a black plaid shirt and grey jacket. Reyna didn't argue and began to pull the clothes on after discarding the already borrowed night shirt. She did in fact look better than she would have guessed but it was different from her normal attire.

"You can head to breakfast I'll be out in a bit I have to tame my hair." Thalia sighed heading to the bathroom.

"Alright." Reyna hesitantly left the room behind and made her way to the kitchen where a quiet and awkward breakfast was taking place with hushed whispers. It grew quiet when Reyna stepped into view and three sets of eyes settled on her. "Um...morning."

"Hey." Piper smiled being the first to recover from the sudden silence. Reyna was surprised to see Jason sitting next to his mother but more surprised that she seemed to be in a normal state for once.

Reyna grudgingly took the seat next to Piper and folded her hands in her lap. She didn't move or reach for any of the food. The silence continued on far longer than it needed to. Thalia saved the day when she appeared from the hallway.

Reyna paused for a moment to study her. She wore black boots like always. Her legs were covered by black fish net tights with a pair of black shorts settled over them. A band tank top graced her torso. Reyna had never heard of them before, it read Harpies.

"Hold the talk guys I know I'm important." Thalia replied sarcastically taking a seat next to Reyna and reaching for the food. "You not hungry Rey?"

"Oh no I'm fine." Reyna smiled thinly. Jason cleared his throat from where he sat. Thalia turned her head slightly in his direction.

"You know I hate it when you do that if you want to talk just talk." Thalia sighed leaning back in her seat to look at Jason.