The Break In

Unknown number: Plan is still on. Meet me at park in 20?

Rey: On my way. My sister's crashed on the couch.

Unknown number : Mom's well...you know.

Rey: Don't worry about it Thals. I get it.

Reyna closed out of the text messages and tucked her phone in her pocket. She very carefully snuck out the window and made her way towards the park. Her nerves were on edge but after running through the plan numerous times she was relatively certain Thalia's idea would work.

The park was creepy late at night. Not a single soul roamed on the playground and a few of the swings swung lazily in the breeze. Sitting on the stairs Reyna waited impatiently for Thalia. The other girl finally arrived jogging over to where Reyna sat.

"Alright, let's do this." Thalia breathed. Reyna nodded, remaining quiet, as she followed the punk to the school.

As expected it was easy to get in, Thalia lead Reyna around back through the thick bushes and over the fence. They ducked out of sight of the cameras reaching the back maintenance door. Thalia dug around in her pocket before producing a key.

"Where'd you get that?" Reyna whispered.

"The Stolls have a shit ton of fake spare keys for all the locks on this campus." Thalia shifted the key a bit before the door clicked and the bolt drew back. Smiling she stepped carefully inside and crept over to the powerbox mounted on the wall. "Gloves on."

Reyna passed over a pair of gloves to Thalia and the two slipped the fabric over their hands. Reyna passed Thalia a set of bolt cutters from a nearby shelf. Thalia busted off the lock and pulled open the panel. Tape labeled the switches and levers and buttons.

Thalia glanced over the power board until she found the switch labeled cameras. Stealing a screw driver from a tool box she unscrewed the covering for the lever revealing the wires below. "Alright now to make it look like an accident."

Reyna spotted a squirt bottle and passed it over along with a bit of wire strippers to take off a bit of the exterior rubber. Thalia worked with nimble fingers until water hit the wires and the circuit sparked. A red light blinked above the lever indicating its need of maintenance.

Reyna carefully put everything back where it was as Thalia tucked the broken lock in her pocket and put a spare over the latch. With the cameras now disabled both girls relaxed a bit.

"Alright now to get to the pool. There shouldn't be any security guards, like I said Argus is gone." Thalia breathed easing open the door connecting to the interior of the building.

Reyna lead the way through campus until they came to the building with a large domed roof like that of an airplane hangar. Thalia once again popped open the door and the two stepped inside. The pool lights were always on which was beneficial in lighting their way.

"This is weird." Reyna said as she awkwardly stepped into the boys' swim locker room.

"Yeah it is but I've always wondered what it was li- oh god it smells in here." Thalia's nose wrinkled up and her eyes scrunched shut as her body adjusted to the smell. Reyna covered her nose with the edge of her shirt.

"Here." Thalia spotted Octavian's locker and carefully did the combination. "Do what you need to I'll be back."

"Where are you going?" Reyna whispered quietly.

"I'm not gonna miss this chance to look around more. The principal's office isn't much farther. I'm gonna do some digging around." Thalia glanced at the clock on the wall. "I've got time for it."