Islamic Romance

Prelouge 

The rain began to pour hard.  Amir slowly looked up into the night sky and saw the rain come down.  Feeling the cold welcome of the water droplets against his beard and skin.  He slowly pulled his black hood up as he walked along the street.  Looking down as to avoid water getting into his eyes.  He may only stand at 5'3, but his muscles were hidden under his sweatshirt.  His scars from life were hidden under his sweatshirt.  Amir began to wonder, Did summer really come?  We have had more days of rain than of sun. Amir has black hair, brown eyes, always wears a sweatshirt with a hood, a pair of black sweatpants that could be mixed with any color, he wore black and red shoes, if you looked at him he wears glasses and could decieve you of his age.  Amir slowly took a left on Nicollet to go into a resturaunt where he was meeting a friend.  

"Asaalam Walikum Safa!"  Amir said without a smile.  

He has not smiled in so long that people questioned if he even knows how to smile.  He does know how to smile.  It is just nothing really makes him want to smile.  Safa stood at 5 foot exact.  She was wearing a blue hijab that matched her blue and black abayah.  She was wearing old sneakers, and has brown eyes.  

She waved to Amir and motioned for him to sit before speaking to him.  "Amir sit, sit.  I want to hear everything!" 

 She was referring to Amir passing his test that he did not study for.  Amir never studies as he has no time.  So instead he takes notes in class and pays attention to the teachers in the hopes that they say something he will keep with him for his entire life.  

"It was nothing really, all I did was think every question over before answering.  The teacher did a really nice job of explaining everything."  Safa put her head on her hands as she looked at Amir.  She loved the way he looked when he recieved compliments.  Making it seem like anyone can do it.  Not so he is cocky, but because he wants to remind himself that the knowledge he has anyone can obtain.  Amir looked around for a waiter before raising his hand to one that was just passing by.

 "Excuse me Sir would you happen to know who the waiter for us is?"  The man looked like he should be in the army.  Probably was preparing for it too.  Amir and Safa have nothing against soldiers.  They are willing to do what Amir and Safa are scared to do, and that is commit to something fully.  The man just nodded and said to Amir in a deep serious tone,

 "I will be your waiter.  Are you both ready to order?" 

 Amir simply nodded once. "May I please get 2 Cokes, one steak, and one plate of mashed potatoes?" 

 The waiter nodded as he wrote everything down.  "Alright, that will be around 20 minutes for the steak, and around maybe 15 minutes for the mashed potatoes.  I will be back with your drinks." 

 The waiter began to walk off.  Amir looked at Safa and noticed she was starring at him.  He made a fake smile to show he saw her and she snapped back to reality.  Amir is normally quiet, he keeps to himself.  He does this because he does not want people to bother him nor does he want to bother anyone else.  

As the waiter came back with their drinks he noticed that Amir had scars that looked fresh going up his arm.  He could make no conversation about it as it would go against company rules.  So he pretended he never saw them and continued on his way.  

Safa, on the other hand, saw them and made mention of them to Amir, "Must you keep getting new scars?  The old ones I can understand, but Amir seriously.  Stop it." 

 Amir looked down in realization that he had done something wrong.  He became silent and straight faced.  Safa even though she and him are both Muslims reached her hand across the table and squeezed his hand.  She looked directly into his eyes and then she whispered some of the most memorable words to him.