P A R T T H R E E - The Divorce

~Author's POV~

(M/N) came back the next day, spending the night with his Austrian friend, Roderich. When he walked in the house, he found his once love of his life pacing back and forth. She heard the door opened and her eyes widened and visibly teared. He instantly walked past her and went up to their once shared bedroom and pulled his luggage underneath the bed, forcibly opened his closet, ripped his clothes out and threw them into his luggage. The green eyed female walked in and soon started crying. (M/N) ignored her apologies and asked, "You still haven't answered my question" he stated matter-of-factly. Her glossy eyes twisted with confusion, then realization. She shamefully looked down and took a deep breath, before looking him straight in the eye while trying to be serious. "It's be- I've been doing this about a year after we were married." His eyes visibly became glassy, but he kept his composure. "Elizabeta, it really hurt. Knowing what you were doing but not confronting you about it? At first, I was skeptical. I thought it was by accident and you'd never do it again. But then I noticed you coming home later, making up excuses, having a scent that I'd never use, and the marks on your neck that were still fresh with blood." his eyes softened, "But you know what really hurt?" Elizabeta shook and her knees were about to give out. "-The look in your eyes. The twinkling green, passionate, caring yet stern eyes I fell in love with were.. Gone. They... t-they were replaced by.. By shame, anguish, fear.. And betrayal. I hated it. My heart shattered every time you came home. I prayed that you'd stop and that those eyes I longed to see would come back. Every time you came home I.. I tried to stay bright, always thinking those eyes would come back. But as they say, you don't always get what you want, do you?" The cold warmth of his tears slowly fell down his face. Elizabeta broke. She fell onto the floor and covered her face in her hands, murmuring broken 'i'm sorry's' and pleas. (M/N) let go of his luggage and knelt down, embracing the depressed girl and rubbing her back soothingly. She froze for a moment before the familiar feeling of warmth and fullness overwhelmed her and she hugged back so much tighter, and cried until it dialed down. (M/N) pulled away and cupped her face, staring deep into her dulled orbs. "Eliza, darling, I forgive you. But.. I can't bear to go through the feeling of betrayal and wait once more. I'm sorry, Eliza. I'm sorry for not being the husband you wanted, and leaving you to cry when you should be on my shoulder spilling your worries to me." He genuinely said. Eliza shook her head with a sad smile, "It's fine (M-M/N).. If anything, I should be the one begging for forgiveness." She bitterly laughed out. He stood, "Well, here are the papers." The Hungarian once again froze. Surely he'd know she wasn't ready yet, right? (M/N) tensed when he realized her reaction "Hey.. Eliza?" He questioned. She snapped out of her daze and took the papers from his hand, including his pen he held out. "Right.." She said, quickly signing her signature. He smiled and hugged her one last time, "It was nice being married to you, Elizabeta." He pulled back and kissed her forehead, "Elizabeta Hedervary." He smiled sadly before picking up his bags, "Viszlát, szeretlek" He gave her one more bright smile before leaving. Once Elizabeta processed what he had said, it was already too late. Her now empty and loveless house, that was filled with memories she would forever treasure yet hurt her more than words could describe, resonated with the close of the door, and an engine starting before disappearing. She smiled before breaking down once more, the thought of how much she lost now dwelling on her.