𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗

The drainpipe you were currently walking down was getting smaller by the second and soon you were up to your knees in greywater -as Eddie chose to call it. You had to duck, refusing to crawl on your hands and knees through the murky liquid. You scoffed, wishing it were possible to cover your face in some way, the smell emitting from the bog was ungodly, stinging your nostrils and making you wonder what in the world is that.

You turned around the best you could, which wasn't much. The furthest back you could see was your shoulders, both of which were pressed snugly against the moist walls of the tunnel. "How are you enjoying the environment, Eds?" You call out, breaking the eerie silence that overtook you. There was no response. You freeze, suddenly realizing that you hadn't heard any noise other than padding through the water. "Bill?" You call desperately, hands gripping the curved ceiling, turning the best you could.

Your neck was strained back as far as it would go but this only confirmed your fears. There was no one behind you. "Shit," You muttered, keeping your voice low and hopefully unnoticed by a certain clown. You must've taken a wrong turn to separate you from everyone else.

The current of the sewage picked up and soon a river of gunk was swiftly washing past you. It didn't take long to realize that the water level was rising as well. What once only reached your ankle trickled across your upper thigh, showing no signs of slowing down. "Shit shit shit." In the midst of all the panic, your flashlight fell from your pocket and was now somewhere in the rising water beneath you. You reached down to grab it, but a string of some sort wrapped around your wrist instead.

You pulled it out, not paying mind to the slime dripping from your skin. A white ribbon was knotted loosely around your right wrist, and it seemed that the more you pulled, the more ribbon rose from the water. You pulled and pulled, a wad of string collected in your left hand while your right suffered from a mildly painful rope burn. The sound of squelching rubber filled your ears and a chill ran down your spine. You recognized the all too familiar noise.

You looked up to see a single red balloon bouncing off the walls of the tunnel like a pinball. Back and forth, back and forth. You stopped pulling, dropping the ribbon completely. Alas, the building current swept it away, pulling the balloon closer. Your waistline was submerged in greywater and there was no hope of ever seeing your flashlight again.

The balloon came in contact with your forehead with a small bump. A sinister laugh rang throughout the tunnel and you dared yourself to look up. Through the pitch blackness of the room, only three things were visible. One of which was a light, a wobbly, yellow light at the end of the tunnel. You could hear yelling as well, shouts of your name that you could only guess were your friends worried over your absence. This would have been heartwarming had it not been for the fact that the other two visible features in the tunnel were dark chocolate brown eyes, staring at you from afar.

You knew those eyes, and you knew that they usually didn't look that evil, that malicious. Those were the eyes of your missing sister, Riley.

"You'll float too, (Y/N)."

(A/N: So.....how's it going? I worked through most of the chapter this weekend but forced myself to finish it up tonight. So yay! Also, this is one of the last chapters, there are probably 2 or 3 left, not including the epilogue which is going to make you cry, promise. Also, I'll have you vote on how you want this to end. I have a few ideas so far but I'd love to hear your opinions. If it's something big, save it for my upcoming IT one-shots books that I'll start right after I finish IT FOLLOWS. Can't leave you guys hanging, can I? As always, love you guys. /Second AN: Oh my god this is such a self insert phobia wise. I don't know if you can tell but there's a lot of aspects in here that cater toward my own personal fears. Like the eyes? I'm severely Ommetaphobic. Why did I do this to myself??)